free website stats program Rocker box cover replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker box cover replacement

CDRAKEB

I'm trying to replace my rocker box covers w/chrome. I have tracked down the torque requirements for each bolt. I have converted them from foot pound to inch pound but.............i dont know which torque spec goes with which bolt and also what is the sequence of pattern when tightening each bolt. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Everyone here will tell you to invest in a Harley shop manuel. Don't know the proper torque sequence but work from the inside to the outside in a star or X pattern. The larger bolts have the higher torque. Start tighnting in steps at about 1/2 torque then 3/4 torque

Wondering if you were able to remove your rocker covers without taking the engine out of the frame. My friend with an 08 XL 883 needs to replace gaskets.
Thanks

I have removed rocker boxes on my Buell 1200 and my Electra glide without removing the engine, very tight but can be done
kemo

Repair manual a big plus here, loosening the bolts and torquing the bolts in correct order to prevent warping the covers

Back