free website stats program Rocker Arm Oiling, Or Lack Of... | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker Arm Oiling, Or Lack Of...

danthern

2009 Twin Cam Road King. On inspection I see no oil coming from the rocker on the front cylinder intake rocker. Plenty visualized from the exhaust rocker. I'm certain that the passages are clear. What can this mean? Thanks in advance

I should mention that I see oil at the push rod, just not at the little hole at the valve spring

2009 Twin Cam Road King. On inspection I see no oil coming from the rocker on the front cylinder intake rocker. Plenty visualized from the exhaust rocker. I'm certain that the passages are clear. What can this mean? Thanks in advance

The oil that lubricates the rocker arm is pumped up through the pushrod via the lifter. The lifter could be bleeding down and not supplying the same amount of oil to the intake rockeras to the exhaust rocker but, on closer inspection, I would bet that some oil is being delivered to the intake rocker. You are also inspecting at idle and the oil pressure is at it's lowest point. Raise the rpms and you will see much more oil to both rockers and you will also have a major clean up job. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about but you can always replace the lifter which should help.:hii

Back