free website stats program Roadside Camping...anyone done it? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadside Camping...anyone done it?

When I first got into motorcycling I thought about doing this. I thought it would be neat to camp in a rest area or on a deserted part of the road [off the beatin path]. But I don't think you can camp in a rest area. Here is a hint though. You can shower at truck stops and some have laundry facilities. Good luck and have fun.

When I first got into motorcycling I thought about doing this. I thought it would be neat to camp in a rest area or on a deserted part of the road [off the beatin path]. But I don't think you can camp in a rest area. Here is a hint though. You can shower at truck stops and some have laundry facilities. Good luck and have fun.

Great tip! Thanks...

danthern,

Not sure if you are planning on hitting Grand Teton, Yellowstone and/or Glacier National Parks on your trip, but I can tell you the camp grounds there require reservations in advance.

They are all worth visiting and each have their own pluses and minuses.

Good luck, ride safe and hope you enjoy your travels.:bigsmiley23:

just google campgrounds in those states, aside from state campgrounds, there are lots of unpublicized national forests, and even city's have them sometimes, usually very cheap.

Hi - Just a suggestion: While in BC, try to include the Kootenay Lake area - especially Hwy 3A north from Creston to Kaslo - it is absolutely spectacular, including the free ferry across the lake. As for camping, there are several motorcycle-centric campgrounds and the BC provincial parks are often small, roadside, casual affairs that can be in the middle of gorgeous scenery and only cost a few bucks. Sounds like fun.
Bill

Back