free website stats program "Roadside Assistance" | Harley Davidson Forums

"Roadside Assistance"

PAcanis

Account Removed
Has anyone here ever had to use roadside assistance, either HOG's or that offered by their insurance company? Just looking for personal experiences. I've got a choice of two, HOG or Progressive.

Sure I just used the Hog service yesterday when the rear sprocket (pulley) broke . I called 800-CLUB-HOG & my Bike was picked up within a 1/2 hour . Everyone was nice , the phone operator made all the contacts needed & called back several times until I answered the phone (I was busy with the tow operator)to confirm the service . The man that picked up the bike treated the bike just like he owned it & delivered the bike right to the front door of the HD service area & rolled it right inside the service area . I am very happy with the service I recieved :D, I also have towing through progressive but I did not need it , but it may come in handy if the towing cost are over $100 . I am glad that I have duel coverage when it comes to towing it takes some of the headaches out of breaking down .

Here is my experience.... a group of us from Charlotte, NC went to the NC State Hog rally being held at the Outer Banks NC two years ago this month. Another couple with us had a problem with the wife's bike. Oil running out like a hose when we stopped leaving the the rally. MY friend was a HOG member for over 10 years and basically they told us it would be 6 to 8 hours if then before they could get to us. We stopped at a gas station and starting talking to people who were also leaving the rally pulling trailers. Someone was able to load our broken bike and took us to Rocky Mount where our friend had to spend the night since it was Sunday. The next morning the bike was patched together and taken back to Charlotte where he bought a new Road-king and still has not heard from HOG. He did not renew his membership ?? My only experience, I am still a member but so far have not needed to call for help. If I do and left stranded I will not renew either... hoping it was because of where we were but it was THE NC STATE RALLEY !!! YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN PREPARED WITH ALL THE BIKES THERE??

Last edited:
After reading ironmark's story, which was as good as it gets IMO, then yours WHM1, it sounds like it pays to have two numbers to call in case one of them is overloaded at the time. I think my first choice now will be HOG, based on the one positive story so far.

Did you call the dealer or the club hog # ? At first I called the dealer & they claimed that their pickup service was booked up & they told me to call club hog that I may get faster service & I did .

Any Roadside Assistance that delivers as advertised is a good thing. Just be sure you ASK for the type of coverage you want, I was a member of AAA for years, even registered and licensed my bike there, BUT found out that I had to ASK for RA otherwise you won't be covered, same with my insurance company, State Farm which has RA only NOT FOR MOTORCYCLES...just remember it is always good to check and READ the fine print before you sign up for anything. 50 miles/$350.00 is pretty poor fuel mileage (was getting 55 mpg prior to that).:yeahright

Saved my bacon. Had a major flat on I-80 between SF and Sacramento. Flatbed tow right to the Sacramento HD. New tire and on the road in time to make that night's destination in Reno before dark.

Would have been a $450 tow. All I did was sign my name. Much better coverage than the AMA's which I had before.

Back