free website stats program Roadside Assistance Group (RAG) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadside Assistance Group (RAG)

I am trying to think of how a scenario might go down. I do not travel with my laptop but I always carry a cell phone.

Let’s say I am in Ohio and have a problem.
1. I call my sister and I have her log on to (hdtimeline.com)
2. I have her do a search for (RAG)
3. Now click on the (Road Assistance Group) Link
4. On the first post click on the (Attached File Link .xls) at the bottom of the post.
5. Go to tab at bottom (U.S. by alfa)
6. Go down to (Ohio)
Find out if someone is close enough to help, turns out YES!

At this point things will get complicated trying to get a Post or a PM to member “xyzfrog” I am wondering if the only way to get assistance without spending the night with my bike or paying for a tow to someplace safe, is to have a contact phone number available. Perhaps a member would be willing to have a phone number posted on the spread sheet and that person would be the keeper of the RAG members contact numbers. We would just send that person a PM with our contact number and perhaps real name.

With this, I would like to sign up: Dr. Evil, The Zoo, South West MI.
“If I don’t have it, I will get it”

The idea of the sysytem is if you have a pre planned trip you look at the list prior to departure and pm the members on your route to see if they will be in the area at the time and hopefully get a phone number from them

Brian

But Dr. Evil raises a very good point.

If you're planning a very long trip, distance or time, it's simply not practical to PM every RAG volunteer prior to leaving to see who's going to be home and who isn't. There has to be some way to get ahold of a volunteer on short notice. I don't like the idea of having everyone's phone numbers on an unsecure, easily downloadable spreadsheet either so I guess we need to keep thinking and come up with some ideas.

But Dr. Evil raises a very good point.

If you're planning a very long trip, distance or time, it's simply not practical to PM every RAG volunteer prior to leaving to see who's going to be home and who isn't. There has to be some way to get ahold of a volunteer on short notice. I don't like the idea of having everyone's phone numbers on an unsecure, easily downloadable spreadsheet either so I guess we need to keep thinking and come up with some ideas.

Very good point and needs attention

Add me to the list for the Rocklin/Sacramento, CA area. Have tools and a truck, possible bike trailer available, can make general repairs or just hand tools over. 3 local dealers and a friend that has a shop in Rocklin that has a cert HD mechanic and tow service.

Add me to the list for Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054 area. Have tools and a truck with a bike trailer with a ramp.

Hey Gas Guage,

Glad to see this is out again a lot of work on your part, kudos to you man!

I opened the spreadsheet (this is the same as the "Stranded Biker Buster", right). The one attached to this thread has deletions in the membership. I'm not listed. I went back to the Stranded Biker Buster thread and opened it there, my name is on it and the membership is more extensive. Did you maybe save the wrong file.

For those that need to know, the file is an excel worksheet. You may be able to save it as a different file type it your computer will allow it.

Back