free website stats program roadking vs elctra glide | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

roadking vs elctra glide

I have both an '01 rk & an '06 flhtc. have toured on both and believe for the money the EG is a better buy. As a previous post said when you start buying all the extras necessary, ie; luggage rack , T bag etc. , it becomes very expensive.
The RK can't be beat for looks , the EG gives you more storage capacity.
It comes down to what type of riding you do.
Either way you go you win, good luck!

Got a question for anyone who has rode many years. I've been riding for 5 years now and the first harley was a 2004 classic. Paid 13,900 for it in '07 with 22,00 miles on it. Last sept. I got a 2007 ultra classic on craigs list for 12,500 and it only had 7,717 miles on it. I'm still wondering how i got such a great deal. The bike is great and runs fine. Still, i just wonder why. Any ideas or did i just steal one?

When I was looking to purchase I drove both, a RK & EGC. Loved the ride style of both types, although I thought they were very similar I decided to go with the EGC for the extra protection up front with the fairing and the extra luggage space in the rear.

I did the same thing as previously posted, bought the quick connect for the tour pack and a mustang seat. Take 30 seconds to make the change, gives the bike a whole different look and ride, plus I still have room for storage in the saddle bags.

I have both RK & RG. In general I ride the RK when I am heading out for under 200 miles and the RG when I plan on logging some miles. I ride the RK 3to 1 over the RG... nothing wrong with either bike just how I do it.

As long as it says Harley on the tank you cant go wrong, I love my ultra and I do all kinds of riding just be aware that if you get some where you have to back out of, it is 900 pounds of bike to move manually

I had a Road King and loved it. Now I have a 2010 Limited and would not go back...I have to disagree with the statement that the EGC is solely a touring bike. I can ride the EGC anywhere and everyway I rode the Road King. Don't let the extra plastic and small amount of weight difference discourage you from buying a great bike. In fact in my opinion the Limited is balanced way better than the Road King. Just for clarification, my RK was a 2000 so the frame on the 2010 is better, and so is the ride. Having said that I have ridden the newer RK's and I still like the Limited. Both are great bikes and you can't go wrong, all I am saying is don't be scared off from the Limited just because the fairings (upper and lower).....

Anywhere a Road King can go, so can the Electra Glide. And they handle just as well. Just recently attended a police motorcycle rodeo with both Road Kings and Electra Glides. The guy on the Electra Glide won, beating several Road Kings. It's not the bike, it's the rider. I had a Road King and loved it, but wouldn't go back, now that I have my 2010 Limited!

I have an 03 Road King and an 09 Road Glide. I converted the RK to an Electre Glide about a month after I bought it. I bought a detachable Batwing fairing and a detachable tour pack.(guess I should of bought a full dresser originally) Live and learn! The fairing only comes off a couple times a year to clean up the headlight nacelle. I use the RK mostly for commuting ,around town and short day trips. The RG is for long road trips, quieter, faster and smooth.Tour pack,6 speed and new frame, no brainer. Both are fun, just different. Whatever you decide on have fun!

Got a question for anyone who has rode many years. I've been riding for 5 years now and the first harley was a 2004 classic. Paid 13,900 for it in '07 with 22,00 miles on it. Last sept. I got a 2007 ultra classic on craigs list for 12,500 and it only had 7,717 miles on it. I'm still wondering how i got such a great deal. The bike is great and runs fine. Still, i just wonder why. Any ideas or did i just steal one?

You got very lucky!!!!! Good for you..

Last sept. I got a 2007 ultra classic on craigs list for 12,500 and it only had 7,717 miles on it. I'm still wondering how i got such a great deal. The bike is great and runs fine. Still, i just wonder why. Any ideas or did i just steal one?

Looks like you got a steal! They're starting to show up around here on CL for that price but usually they've been ridden...like they should be. I love my 07 Ultra. Still got a few goodies to add though.

Back