free website stats program roadking vs elctra glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

roadking vs elctra glide

What Mav. said. I love my RK and have no desire for an E-Glide. I am a minimalist and do not like all the extra electrical stuff to fiddle with and repair. The squalk of a CB just makes me want to come unglued and listening to Freebird on fm radio for the 10,000th time is just not very appealing.
I say buy a RK and an Ipod.

Bodeen

I miss my RKC b/c of it's simplicity. I love my EGC but have to admit there are times I miss riding without a windshield and all the modern amenities. My wife, however, much preferred the EGC as she likes to tour so it was an ez choice for me. :)

I miss my RKC b/c of it's simplicity. I love my EGC but have to admit there are times I miss riding without a windshield and all the modern amenities. My wife, however, much preferred the EGC as she likes to tour so it was an ez choice for me. :)

So I guess the trick is to keep my wife off an EGC and she'll never know the difference. Win/win.

Bodeen

I had a Road King and loved it. Now I have a 2010 Limited and would not go back...I have to disagree with the statement that the EGC is solely a touring bike. I can ride the EGC anywhere and everyway I rode the Road King. Don't let the extra plastic and small amount of weight difference discourage you from buying a great bike. In fact in my opinion the Limited is balanced way better than the Road King. Just for clarification, my RK was a 2000 so the frame on the 2010 is better, and so is the ride. Having said that I have ridden the newer RK's and I still like the Limited. Both are great bikes and you can't go wrong, all I am saying is don't be scared off from the Limited just because the fairings (upper and lower).....

If this was already mentioned I must have missed it …. But …..

You could split the difference and get the Street Glide (essentially a RK with a fairing, radio, etc).

I have had two rdkings loved them both, rode them all over the place, long, medium and short trips and in town. It will be a matter of personal preference and wallet. Good way is to test ride each, you can't go wrong either way.

I agonized over that very same decision 4 years ago.

Love the classic clean styling of the Roadking.

Wife wanted the comfort and extra luggage capacity of the tourpak.

Went with the Electraglide Classic and haven't looked back.

All day comfort from the big batwing fairing and I found that the tunes are simply a bonus. ( later added hog tunes speaker upgrade, tweeter pod and amp. giddyup :D )

Added the detachable tourpak kit so I can take the tourpak off in about 30 seconds when blasting around town.

It seems I ride more often with the bagger as it is perfect for popping to the store to grab a few groceries, 6 pack o beer or whatever. Amazing how much stuff those saddle bags can carry.

I would still love to get a Roadking but would have a tough time giving up the tunes and extra two-up comfort if I had to chose one over the other.

In my opinion either machine is a great choice and equally capable for riding around town or across the country.

I have had both but prefer the Road King. I like to take the windsheild off in the summer and I like the look.

I do like a tach and have one on my FLHP.

i owned a 04 roadking that i just traded in for a an '10 electra glide classic. The reason for the change was extra storage capacity for helmets and clothes, six speed tranny for long haul and 96' for more power. Radio and guages were an added bonus. With this said i did love the king for its handling of back road twisties. The answer to this question comes down to your preference and needs.

I have ridden my friends electriglide and I ride a 06 roadking I did put a detachable tourpack on and a mustang seat but still have the ability to strip it down and run around town. I love the look of the rdking without the windshield. could see some advantages to the faring on the highway though. whatever you decide you will be pleased with either one! good luck and let us see your ride!

A road king has that look with the windshield off lol the extra plastic must be nice when caught in a cold rain though
WAP.gif

Back