Roadking SE double bulb headlight

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by SC-roadking, Mar 13, 2010.

1. SC-roadking

SC-roadking Member

Hi all, I have a 2007 FLHRSE3 with the double head light bulb set up. I also recently had some passing lights installed as I am getting older and can’t see like I used too. It helped but the question I have is, I am not to happy with the headlight bulbs and wanted to change them to the osram bulbs but they seam to have a different type of connector on there back then what my RKSE owner manual shows I need. I wonder if I can make the new osram bulbs work in that headlight. I have not opened up the headlight yet. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor or anything else I can do to keep the headlight stock but to use the osram 3 prong connector type of bulb?

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Enter Osram headlight bulb in the search bar (center above). All your questions will be answered.

3. SC-roadking

SC-roadking Member

Thanks for info,I looked and still can't find this. I really need to know is about the diff type of plug in-conections on the(2) bulbs? My new orsam bulbs(2) have 3 prong electrical type and the manuel says the RKSE has a 90deg L shaped type conectors. I am woundering if anyone has this info before I take it apart for nothing? Thanks again.

4. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

how about a pic of the socket then

5. SC-roadking

SC-roadking Member

Ok guys, here's a look at the inside of the headlight assembly and the sockets. New ones with the orsam bulbs looks entire different and won't fit. Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

whats it say on the bulbs it should tell you the connector style does it say h8 ? or something else

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

H8 Bulbs are used in fine German motorcars like BMW & Mercedes with that 90 degree offset...! OSRAM is also a Made in Germany branded bulb, so I would ask German Auto if they have an 80-85/100 equivalent to the one Glider recommends...eh...possibly for "OFF ROAD USE"...Yep, off the road I go right now! :laugh

8. SC-roadking

SC-roadking Member

Thanks, I will give greman auto a call monday and see if they might exchange the 2 bulbs a bought a few weeks ago for the H8 style. Can't hurt. NEWHD74FAN I see you are in Camarillo Ca, Im in Temecula Ca. I hope the weather is as good for you up north today as it is down here in the south?

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

SoCal is great today, it is a warm springlike winter day, not a cloud in the sky just sun and 70 degrees F and all is fine in the world. Missed going to the St. Patricks Poker Run, but did get honey dew projects done and all is good. I hear it got up in the mid 70's where you are enjoy!

10. azpopstr

azpopstr Member

I have the same headlight the bulbs are H8 and H11. If I remember right the H11 is the low beam and the H8 is high