free website stats program Roadking SE double bulb headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadking SE double bulb headlight

Hi all, I have a 2007 FLHRSE3 with the double head light bulb set up. I also recently had some passing lights installed as I am getting older and can’t see like I used too. It helped but the question I have is, I am not to happy with the headlight bulbs and wanted to change them to the osram bulbs but they seam to have a different type of connector on there back then what my RKSE owner manual shows I need. I wonder if I can make the new osram bulbs work in that headlight. I have not opened up the headlight yet. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor or anything else I can do to keep the headlight stock but to use the osram 3 prong connector type of bulb?

Enter Osram headlight bulb in the search bar (center above). All your questions will be answered.

Thanks for info,I looked and still can't find this. I really need to know is about the diff type of plug in-conections on the(2) bulbs? My new orsam bulbs(2) have 3 prong electrical type and the manuel says the RKSE has a 90deg L shaped type conectors. I am woundering if anyone has this info before I take it apart for nothing? Thanks again.

Ok guys, here's a look at the inside of the headlight assembly and the sockets. New ones with the orsam bulbs looks entire different and won't fit. Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_1754.jpg
    100_1754.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 52
whats it say on the bulbs it should tell you the connector style does it say h8 ? or something else

H8 Bulbs are used in fine German motorcars like BMW & Mercedes with that 90 degree offset...! OSRAM is also a Made in Germany branded bulb, so I would ask German Auto if they have an 80-85/100 equivalent to the one Glider recommends...eh...possibly for "OFF ROAD USE"...Yep, off the road I go right now! :laugh

Thanks, I will give greman auto a call monday and see if they might exchange the 2 bulbs a bought a few weeks ago for the H8 style. Can't hurt. NEWHD74FAN I see you are in Camarillo Ca, Im in Temecula Ca. I hope the weather is as good for you up north today as it is down here in the south?

SoCal is great today, it is a warm springlike winter day, not a cloud in the sky just sun and 70 degrees F and all is fine in the world. Missed going to the St. Patricks Poker Run, but did get honey dew projects done and all is good. I hear it got up in the mid 70's where you are enjoy!

I have the same headlight the bulbs are H8 and H11. If I remember right the H11 is the low beam and the H8 is high

Back