free website stats program roadking classic saddlebag locking system needed | Harley Davidson Forums

roadking classic saddlebag locking system needed

Hooter

i have the leather factory fitted saddlebags on my 2009 roadking classic and have become paranoid of theft of my sandwiches and umbongo and wondered if any body had any cheap locking devices. i have noticed on e bay a system by stealth talon that fits under the badge. anybody got any experience of this product or other lock systems. umbongo is fruit juice just incase you dont have any in your village.:small3d028:

I have a 07 RKC same bags kinda wanted the same thing. But would a lock setup actually keep unwanteds out of them? Since their not solid i thought they would be easier to break into. I was thinking about getting hard bags fo mine. Im probably wrong but thats what my brain is thinking.

Would you rather lose your juice or have the straps cut by a razor blade? I bought a classic but part of the deal was to turn it back into a regular Road King including the hard bags. Haven never been sorry.

Instead of locking mine I chose to install a Scorpion alarm. My key fob alerts me if anyone is near the bike protecting everything including the contents of the saddlebags. It has a pretty good range. You might want to look in to it.

:newsmile01:thanks for everyones help. i think i fancy the inertia locks as they will stop the opportunist thief. im never too far from bike and like the fact you cannot see the locks as they are hidden by the original badge. i think i may install scorpion alarm as well due to people touching bike in general.

thanks

Back