Roadglides everywhere!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Gus LTD, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Gus LTD

Gus LTD Member

Today the weather got to around 50* and this was the best day we have had for a month. Well during the course of my day, i saw quite a few bikes out and about. I am beginning to see alot of roadglides, at least half of the bikes were sharknoses. I believe we are seeing a change in how people feel about these bikes, they seem to be getting very popular. I must admit i almost pulled the trigger on that 09 cvo dressed in black/orange but i wanted all the creature comforts of the ultra.

2. krazy3

krazy3 Member

I know what you mean. I almost pulled the trigger on the '09 silver one.

3. Bailey

Bailey Member

Hey... Stay away from those!!! I have the Orange Mirage Pearl one. It is by far the greatest ride I have ever owned!!!

Okay... If you really need one, go ahead. Just don't get the same as me please!

4. Grillfish

Grillfish Junior Member

Local dealers selling alot of the 2010 RGs.

I love my RG and I loved not seeing alot of the same bikes at every turn....

5. silentflyer

silentflyer Active Member

Happy with my 09, doing a few mods over the winter, can't wait for warmer weather....

6. SkootchNC

SkootchNC Active Member

When I bought my '05 FLTR, I would see MAYBE one Road Glide for every 150 HD's.... and maybe one at any event. Now... I see 'em EVERYWHERE.... still not as common as the other models...

just don't tell folks ok.... let's keep it "Harley's best kept secret"

7. inman123

inman123 Member

I too here in FL see a few more Road Glides on the road, I have an 07 and have tried to custonize it with chrome, I really get compliments on the bike, I love it and would not trade up for another HD.

8. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

I fell in love with the yellow '09 CVO RoadGlide. Had almost talked myself into trading the Ultra and Dyna in on it. Luckily, when I went back to talk to the salesman, it had already been sold. Talk about good timing :lolrolling

9. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Everyone has their preference and I'm thankful that everyone does not like the same bike, it would make it so expensive I probably couldn't afford it. I've think I have one of the best handling Harleys and with some minor mods it keeps up with all of my riding buddies. As for the creature comforts of the ultra I can't argue that it comes with all the bells and whistles, but what bell or whistle can't I add to my Road Glide? At about $8,000 cheeper I can buy all the extras i want and still have a frame mounted fairing that doesn't shake the bars and cuts thru the wind for better gas milage.

10. mqhybrid

mqhybrid Active Member

The roadglides are been seen more and more they are like the streetglide everyone either has on or wants one. they look like a harley ( EDIT) they look very slick and sporty!!

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010