free website stats program roadglide/ windvest ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

roadglide/ windvest ?

Went from stock to Clearview to 14" Windvest on my RG. Reduced buffeting and the music is clear up to 80 or so. My wife likes it to.

Talked to a guy this weekend with a Klockworks on his RG and said he loved it.

That's the same thing I did. The stock shield shook like a bag of rats in a burning meth lab. The Clearview was much much better than the Stock. Then a buddy showed me his Windvest, it had a little more re-curve and deflected the wind better. I bought the 12" Windvest (I am 5'8") which is the best so far. if you are taller the 14" might be a better choice.

I've got a 14" Clearview with recurve on my 2010 Road Glide and it works great. Beats the heck out of the useless little one that comes stock.

I had a CeeBailey 13in it was nice and did the job, but wanted a new look. Put a smoke 12in on and it works great, very happy with it. Bill

I've tried the Clearview. the Klokwerks and finally the Windvest. I like the Windvest the best. The Clearview is thicker, tolarates cleaning better but I didn't like the looks of it, the re-curve was hardly noticable and the darkest tint they offer is light. The Klokwerks was dark enough but the recurve part of the windsheild is narrow so if ya turn your head to the side ya get a blast comming off the windshield, It looks kinda "spacey" and I have also heard that they don't work too well for your passenger. The Windvest looks the best and I think it works the best. I have the shorter one in Gun Smoke, If I had it to do over, I would have bought the taller one. I have a friend who has the taller one and it's hard to notice the difference between the to. Good luck.

well her is the ride update with the windvest installed...

I love it... purchased the 14 in gun smoke, cleans up the air around me and has a great look..I am very happy... she is a keeper..

thanks all

Now that you have your windvest, let me ask you a couple of questions. I am also looking at them.
DO you look thru or over the shield when cruising. If you look thru is there any issues with clarity. I like to look thru and not over.

How tall are you with the 14 inch?

I just bought a clearview and I think I am going to return it. I bought the 14 and I am looking thru the recurve portion and that does not give a good clear view without distortion. If I slump down it is nice a clear. But who wants to do that.
The angle seems to give to much distortion.

Thanks for any feedback,

Dave

Now that you have your windvest, let me ask you a couple of questions. I am also looking at them.
DO you look thru or over the shield when cruising. If you look thru is there any issues with clarity. I like to look thru and not over.

How tall are you with the 14 inch?

I just bought a clearview and I think I am going to return it. I bought the 14 and I am looking thru the recurve portion and that does not give a good clear view without distortion. If I slump down it is nice a clear. But who wants to do that.
The angle seems to give to much distortion.

Thanks for any feedback,

Dave

I have a 12" windvest & I look over the windshield . The RG fairing is different then the batwing fairing . If you are using a 14" now and you like to thru the windshield you should go to a 16" windshield . Any Windshield that has a curve in it will have distortion were the material was bent .

I just want to add that I am riding a 2007 road glide, even thou my username reflect and flht. The one that I currently have is a clearview 14" and I am looking thru the recurve section, not good.

This is why I am trying to get real good feedback about the windvest, before I return my clearview.

Thanks

I just want to add that I am riding a 2007 road glide, even thou my username reflect and flht. The one that I currently have is a clearview 14" and I am looking thru the recurve section, not good.

This is why I am trying to get real good feedback about the windvest, before I return my clearview.

Thanks

I am just going by your avatar sence you have no signature . But if you look at my signature you have a clue as what I have in my bike even though i can't list everything . But everything I said is fact if you want to look thru the windshield get a taller windshield . Anytime the material is altered it will effect your view were the material was altered . And as far as I know windshields are none refundable once it is mounted . I have 3 windshields that you can buy LOL .

Back