free website stats program roadglide/ windvest ? | Harley Davidson Forums

roadglide/ windvest ?

Rmohd

anyone here with a road glide using a wind vest windshield ? if so do / did you like it ?

thanks

I use a Windvest on my softail std. and have been very pleased. I tried multiple windshields and they came up wanting. Primarily my eyeballs vibrated at highway speed. Rather disconcerting. The Windvest took care of the problem and looks great on my ride. At least in my opinion.

anyone here with a road glide using a wind vest windshield ? if so do / did you like it ?

thanks

I've got four windshields for my RG. The last one I bought was a clearview recurve and it's keeper. Haven't tried the windvest but have heard good things about them on other forums.

Went from stock to Clearview to 14" Windvest on my RG. Reduced buffeting and the music is clear up to 80 or so. My wife likes it to.

Talked to a guy this weekend with a Klockworks on his RG and said he loved it.

Went from stock to Clearview to 14" Windvest on my RG. Reduced buffeting and the music is clear up to 80 or so. My wife likes it to.

Talked to a guy this weekend with a Klockworks on his RG and said he loved it.

Redfish, I tried a klockworks 12" and I'm 5'11", wind hits me right at eye level.

The 14 inch Windvest may be relatively new. I started with the largest Windvest (I think there was only a 10 and 12 when I bought) and the wind still hit me too low on my helmet. I switched to the Clearview Stock height and it helped (should have gone larger...even with the c&c solo seat that dropped me an inch)

I really liked the look of the Windvest...I think the thickness of the Clearview and quality of the Clearview hardware is better.

By the way, I am 6' tall with a 30" inseam on a Road Glide, so I have a lot of upper body that makes the screen a little more challenging. My neighbor is 5'9" on a Road Glide and he loves the 12" Windvest screen. (traded up from the 10" screen)

Both are quality windshields, can't go wrong either way unless you have a long torso then I would move towards the Clearview.

I tried Klockworks (2 different heights) and one Clearveiw then the Windvest and by far the Windvest was the best one for me - If my memory serves me well they're are located in Campbell Ca. - I went to the factory there and the owner Doug was very helpful - it's been on my R.G. for almost 1 yr. and it works very well around town as well as on the freeway - radio sounds clear even at 85-90 mph.

Back