free website stats program Road Zeppelin Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Zeppelin Seat

I am considering buying a 2012 Road glide ultra. Here's my situation I am 5'7" tall and have a 29in inseam. I would really like to get the Z seat for my wifes back condition. The bike can be lowered 1in. I am concerned with safety . Looking for any suggestions to help. Thank you. Be Well. Bob

I would address the seat situation that allows you to safely operate the bike, and then work on your wife's comfort.

Any combination of seat alterations, suspension lowering, and thick soled boots should make you happy.

Then you could try a gel pad, Airhawk, or something similar on her portion of the seat to increase her riding pleasure.

Let us know what works!

Progressive makes great rear shocks for the Touring family that can be used to lower your bike AND improve the ride.

I've never ridden a Zeplin seat so I can't knock them. For what you would spend on one, you can buy a gel pad (or insert), arm rests, and probably a better back rest for her. You will probably be ok with the stock seat, but we all know, If She ain't happy, nobody's happy.

I can't speak to the height issue, but just yesterday I was out riding on my Zeppelin seat( Road King ) and was thinking how great it is to be able to change the shape of the seat on the fly. By far the most comfortable seat in almost 40 years of motorcycles. If I start to get numb butt or pain, I just add a bit of air in one bladder or let some out to change the shape and I'm good to go till it's time to adjust the seat some more. Some owners let all the air out when on local roads to be closer to the ground. If you can make it work it's amazing. Good luck !

I can't speak to the height issue, but just yesterday I was out riding on my Zeppelin seat( Road King ) and was thinking how great it is to be able to change the shape of the seat on the fly. By far the most comfortable seat in almost 40 years of motorcycles. If I start to get numb butt or pain, I just add a bit of air in one bladder or let some out to change the shape and I'm good to go till it's time to adjust the seat some more. Some owners let all the air out when on local roads to be closer to the ground. If you can make it work it's amazing. Good luck !

I bought a Road Zeppelin last year for my 09 Ultra because the stock seat was miserable to ride on much over 150 mi. It did raise me up some but that can be changed some with the amount of air used. I also noticed it closed the distance between her and I enough that I had to install a tour pack adjuster to get us some more room, But I'm 6'5" and 315lbs and she is 5'6" and 175 so we take up a lot more room than most. We tried a sheepskin cover from Alaska Leather for the stock seat to help w/ the monkey butt thing and that really helped but was not the cure. The Road Zeppelin is! That thing is fantastic. 500+ miles in a day has been done by us with no more discomfort than one would expect for being on a bike for that many hrs. Sitting on air decreases felt jolts from pot holes and such dramatically. Add to that what you can do as Brad214 described to change the contact points on the fly and I can't imagine any thing better. There are other quality seats out there but for my me, the Road Zeppelin is worth every penny. If you watch Ebay you may find a deal on one too. I got ours from a local HD dealer that removed it from a CVO bike that some guy bought and wanted a Sundowner instead and I got it used but flawless for $300. Hope this helps!

I just bought one for my CVO street glide. And Iam taking it back. Its way to wide and high. It looks way to big for my bike

Progressive makes great rear shocks for the Touring family that can be used to lower your bike AND improve the ride.
Doc, with the bike lowered somewhat will it bottom out in certain conditions? I would like my bike to ride a bit lower. BTW, it's a 2003 Ultra Classic.
Also, are those shocks expensive?

Back