free website stats program Road Trip | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Trip

I think Fall in New England is the best, but Spring is good except for the almost constant rain. Summer is great with a lot of sunny days and temps in the 80's to low 90's.

For places to stay check out Trip Advisor, a couple of my favorites in New Hampshire are Golden Gables in North Conway and Profile Motel in N. Woodstock.

Check out the New England Riders for info on roads, places to eat etc.

Most of all I can say that New Hampshire is one of the most motorcycle friendly places to ride. The "Welcome Motorcyclists" banners are out all summer, not just during Bike Week.

The wife, I and possible 3-4 other couples from New Brunswick Canada, are thinking of taking a week and touring the white mountains area this summer, We haven't been there before and heard it was a great ride, with beautiful scenery. Any tips on the best time to go weather wise, places to go, things to see, as well as places to stay?

My wife and I stayed at the Kearsage Inn in North Conway. North Conway is a pretty town and a good launching spot for rides. You'll find great rides in any direction.

I think the fall is spectacular, but you tend to have much more consistent riding weather in the summer.

Some things that are a must, a ride up to and around Rangely Lake in Maine, the Kancamagus, Squam Lake, almost any back road in any direction, you can't go wrong.

Nice choice for a weeks trip.

Back