free website stats program Road Trip To Reno ! | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Trip To Reno !

carter

I'm heading for Reno leaving wed. and arriving fri. morning.( Coming from Vancouver B.C.) We are going to spend the weekend in the area taking in the street vibrations spring fling in Sparks and also planing on doing the Tahoe loop, Carson city and Virginia city. Monday we are looking to head south into the Sierra Nevada mountain range, Yosemite and places beyond (basically no plans). I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has travelled these routes before and could suggest different routes , watering holes and must see's ! I have a week to get home and no plans on how to get there!

You probably have already figured this out but for the areas you'll be riding in, be prepared for ANY kind of weather. It can be in the 90's at the lower elevations, thunderstorms or showers, then as you climb and it gets colder at the higher elevations you can find yourself dealing with snow! If you're laughing right now, trust me, I was at 9000 feet just south of Tahoe a week and a half ago and rode for around two hours with temps in the mid 30's and snow flurries!

Back