free website stats program Road Trip/Rally Advice | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Trip/Rally Advice

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm heading for Daytona and Biketoberfest this Thursday morning and I'm so excited, I'm already having trouble sleeping! Obviously, this is my first extended road trip of any kind and my first time attending any kind of motorcycle rally/festival. I'm looking for everyone's top tips for surviving this type of thing. I've already read a lot about touring, what to pack, and that type of thing. I'm looking for some not so obvious gems. Things you never thought about until you did this a couple times. In other words, complete this sentence:

"Next time I will definitely ____________________ !"

Thanks in advance!

I'm heading for Daytona and Biketoberfest this Thursday morning and I'm so excited, I'm already having trouble sleeping! Obviously, this is my first extended road trip of any kind and my first time attending any kind of motorcycle rally/festival. I'm looking for everyone's top tips for surviving this type of thing. I've already read a lot about touring, what to pack, and that type of thing. I'm looking for some not so obvious gems. Things you never thought about until you did this a couple times. In other words, complete this sentence:

Thanks in advance!

do you remember when if it was broke fix it with duct type...well now there is a new animal..."plastic ties"...don't leave home w/o em...you would be amazed..i had to us em on my license plate when I went to Canada...lol ties up some wires...etc...but still One needs only two things in life;
WD-40 to make things go,
and Duct Tape to make them stop.

Never travel with out at least a simple tool kit and rain gear. My wife and I always say if we left something we need just buy it when you get there.We have made that trip from North Carolina several times and it's no big deal. Most of the time all in one day a little over 475 miles.

An inflatable girlfriend..:shock..in case your woman isn't in the mood. :D j/k!! Basic tools, rain gear and a small (12oz) bottle of water because everyone wants to charge you $2 for something they used to give for free in a fountain 5 years ago.

next time i will definitely _____________

not drink like a bloody fish for 3 days and then try to do a 12 hour
straight burn home..

take it easy, and make sure you give enough time to get back, in one piece.
if you are in a group, an extra couple hours to cover someone breaking down
(cause someone always does when ur in a hurry :) )

oh and enjoy !!!!!

An inflatable girlfriend..:shock..in case your woman isn't in the mood. :D j/k!! Basic tools, rain gear and a small (12oz) bottle of water because everyone wants to charge you $2 for something they used to give for free in a fountain 5 years ago.

My wife's not going with me this time so this might be the best suggestion yet!

Thanks in advance!
Check the brakes!. We just got back from Klingmans Dome in Tennessee and I lost my back brakes on the way down. Thank the Lord for Ghost Town HD who fixed them after using my gears and the front brakes to get down!

mole grips or vice grips :sthese replace foot rests hold the exhaust replace brake or clutch lever when damaged and also tighten most things also handy weapon when being robbed :(

Back