free website stats program Road Trip Advice needed for camping | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Trip Advice needed for camping

martyg

I have a road king classic and I want to camp along the way, going for a week, need some experianced riders to tell me how and what to bring along the way, I am riding with a passanger,

Last edited:
I have a road king classic and I want to camp along the way, going for a week, need some experianced riders to tell me how and what to bring along the way, I am riding with a passanger,

NOTHING to cook with except maybe a collapsible wiener roasting stick!
I like my self inflating mattress, but it does roll up to be rather long. Maybe I should roll it the other way.:newsmile100:

A tent and some sleeping bags would be a good start
however a 2 man tent isnt big enough for 2 people and all their gear so i tend to use a 4 man tent
cheep plastic air beds are fine they are light dont take up a lot of space and can be thrown away at the end of the trip
i have a small 12v air pump to blow the air beds up
i always carry a small gas cooker and a set of lightweight camping pots and pans folds up really small ideal for morning coffe whilst packing up
some sort of battery powerd lamp just in case you need to see in the dark
insect repellant depending on where you are
swiss army or similar multi function knife

Brian

My trailer packed for two. Will be getting a smaller tent before our trip.
2 sleeping bags, queen air mattress, favorite pillows, camp stove, chairs, coffee pot, cups,mugs for coffee. and a couple other things...tools, air pump etc.

Forgot to mention, not shown extra boots, jackets rain suits and clothes will be in hard bags.

Attachments

• Picture12.jpg
    Picture12.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I always tried to stop at KOAs cheap tent sites, showers, washer & Dryer so you can stand yourself and some times entertainment.

how did you fit all this on your bike and a rider, I do have the tour pack but just dont think I would have the space.

Thanks, good info,Only problem is the packing, no one really talks about how to fit all that and another passenger,

Last edited by a moderator:
in the past ive managed to load a lot of gear on a bike by using a matched pair of rucksacs as throw over bags they hold a lot more than any motorcycle bags
then put more stuff on the rear rack and also used a tank bag
however now wife also rides so we spread the same stuff over 2 bikes

Brian

Put days clothes in a food vacuum seal bag and vacuum seal the bag. It will shrink the clothes down to half the space and keep your clothes dry.:s

Back