free website stats program road tech mp3 | Harley Davidson Forums

road tech mp3

kdaddy

I have a road tech mp3 player that came on my bike. It works great while sitting still. After a short while it freezes up until I unplug the input to the stereo and plug it back in. Then it plays for a while and freezes again. Any ideas?

Just to clarify it only freezes up while riding

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familiar with this mp3 player, but if it has any moving parts, i.e. disc or drive- the vibration will cause the player to lock up. That happens with our iPod classic quite a bit since it has a spinning hard drive. Good luck!

Maybe the wire going from the MP3 to the stereo has an intermittent short. Did you try replacing the wire? Maybe try plugging a set of earbuds into it and go for a ride to see if it does the same thing. If it does the same, I'm with Joy. It may be toast.

Move your music to a different SD card. There are no moving parts but if the card is moving inside the slot it will take this as being removed. Mine used to stop and give a "NOCRD" message then after sitting in this mode for a few minutes of no activity would shut off. If you don't have another SD card to try then take a small bit of paper and fold it over and lay it on top of the card before you clip the door closed to see if taking up the slack helps. Don't use too much because you don't want to break the clip or hinge side of the door. If your Problem still persists then I would think you have an internal issue..

Hope this helps.. Tigg

Back