free website stats program Road King Windshields? | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Windshields?

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
Time for a new windshield for my RK. I am looking at the Clearview and the Long Ride Shields. Anybody have experience with these on their Road King? Love it, hate it, better than the stock windshield? I am not interested in hearing about fairing mounted windshields as it is a completely different animal, only Road King.

Thanks in advance.

Got the Clearview, custom order 16” height, one inch wider than OEM each side; recurve and tinted. Came precisely as ordered, proper fitment and excellent quality. The shield is a little thicker than stock, much less vibration, probably due to the recurve adding some stiffness as well being a heavier material.
I had cut down the OEM to 17” but had to sit up too straight to look over it. The 16” recurve provided the same wind protection as the 17”, including for the passenger. The Mrs noted no extra wind with the 16”. Also less wind on the hands. Received a prompt reply to an email question and delivery was very timely. Overall very pleased.

This isn't answering your questions but I had a 2005 Road King and always thought the stock shield was as good as it could get. Do other brands offer improvement? Just saying.

The recurve being the only thing different. Not sure if the recurve is better than stock or not and kinda what I was getting at. Not to mention the aftermarket's are cheaper and made in the USA.

I have a short tinted windshield made by HD on my '05 RK custom.... Love It!!!!!! Deflects the wind great and doesn't interfere with my view...

The standard windshield was directly in my field of view. I either had to slouch or sit up to be able to see clearly... Not very comfortable.

fwiw..I've tried LRS 19" and also a Klockwerks Billboard Flare.....I went back to the OEM shield as it gave me the best protection and least amount of buffeting.

Different people are different sizes so what works for me may not be same for you, just relaying my experience

Don likes the Clearview, pretty sure he's got one on his Heritage. PM him and ask about it.

Back