free website stats program Road King vs Street Glide opinions - but wait! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King vs Street Glide opinions - but wait!

Can anyone recommend a better wind screen that looks good? the stock one is useless.

I did a lot of research on this and I have a Clearview with the recurve on order. Nothing but rave reviews on this shield. Downside is it's a 4-6 week backlog to get one. Ordered mine the third week of May so it should be here soon. I will post my opinion as soon as I get it on and hit the highway for a test run.

I'm also going to get the chrome fork baffle. This is supposed to cut down on a lot of the air turbulence that comes up between the fairing and the front fender. Less than $30 I think so worth a try.

Last edited:
"I'm also going to get the chrome fork baffle. This is supposed to cut down on a lot of the air turbulence that comes up between the fairing and the front fender. Less than $30 I think so worth a try."

Save your $30. I could see no benifit.
Rog

"I'm also going to get the chrome fork baffle. This is supposed to cut down on a lot of the air turbulence that comes up between the fairing and the front fender. Less than $30 I think so worth a try."

Save your $30. I could see no benifit.
Rog

Well, I'll put you down as the first that didn't like the baffle. Everyone else I've read posts from liked it.

Buy a Road King and get a detachable fairing. It's there when you want...not when you dont. I have one for my King. I think it looks awesome when it's on and I have AM/FM/CD/Sirius Satellite radio. The bike also looks good when naked....(the bike, not me) :D and is great when I'm closer to home. As far as I'm concerned, The RK with a detachable fairing is the best of both worlds.

Just MHO......:cheers Either bike though...you are guaranteed to love..

Go With The Road King Classic. I Got My O8 Last September And I Love It. I Had Other Bikes In The Past. I Put A Backrest On For My Wife, She Rides With Me Alot. I Have Over 2000 Miles On It With No Complaints.

Back