free website stats program Road King seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King seat

Greybeard

I recently purchased an 07 Road King Standard. Already thinking about a better seat. Anyone want to suggest the most comfortable seat for myself and passenger. Also what are your thoughts on breaking it in and is the synthetic oil really worth the money? Thank you, Greybeard

Yes syntetics oil is worth with our money,when we rarely use the bike for long time the oil doesnt frozen,so when we want ride it just do warming up for the engine for 5 minutes and we ready to go.My experience was I give a sleep my baby about 3 weeks and when I check the oil after that seem the oil no need to replace.And you can feel the different when we ride in cool weather with syntetics oil :).

About seat what do you need about suggestion?brand,price or other dude :D

Cheers,ride safe

Dpending on your height and leg length is where you need to start.
I am 6'4" and settled on the HD "Tall Boy" seat for touring models, $299.95 at most dealers. Worked really well for me.
I get to move back a couple of inches or so and move up about 1 1/2" made a huge difference for me.

In my opinion the best seat out there for long distance riding is a Corbin. Pricey, but I have made 650 to 700 mile days on them.

Bill

I recently purchased an 07 Road King Standard. Already thinking about a better seat. Anyone want to suggest the most comfortable seat for myself and passenger. Also what are your thoughts on breaking it in and is the synthetic oil really worth the money? Thank you, Greybeard

The HD sundowner is a comfortable seat and isn't priced out of sight as some are.

Synthetics oil is a good investment as it stands more in the way of high temps without breaking down and can be changed to synthetic oil at any mileage.

i just put a mustang seat on my rk . my wife said it was the best $325 her (Edit) ever spent

JR

Last edited by a moderator:
Greybeard I have the sundowner seat on my 04 RK and it fits my butt pretty good. On those real long rides where your riding all day I also put a Pro pad gel top on it. (Black sheep skin)It really helps as far as keeping you more comfortable. The wife and I both use it. During long rides where your on the road for a couple days at a time I also sometimes put a small towel under the pad to change the configuration of the seat a little. This can be done by folding up the small towel and can change pressure points. For the price of the Sundowner seat and the Pro pad it still probably cheaper in the long run than some of the other seats out there. I'm very pleased with it. I hope this helps you out. >>>>>>>>Fuzy

It's probably just me, but I put the Mustang One piece touring seat on 3 days ago and I don't care for it. It feels like I'm an accessory to the bike. Sitting much taller and feel like I'm stretching to reach the ground. I guess it'll go on Ebay and I'll try a Corbin.

I found the same thing with a mustang seat. I ordered on for a previous bike and after returning it and the second replacement, I bought a corbin. The mustang quality and quality control didn't pass the test for me.

Back