free website stats program Road king saddle bag guards useable on 2013 street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Road king saddle bag guards useable on 2013 street glide

sfire

Hi, I'm looking for a set of saddlebag guards for my street glide. Does anyone know if I can expand my search to road king bars? I don't know if they are interchangeable or not but I'd have a lot more options for my search if they are.

Thank you in advance!

The complete set, rear crash bars, bottom supports, and guards will interchange 2009-2013 touring frames.

I even had them on my 06 SG. Have them now on my 14 RK. Besides being functional I just like the look.
WAP.gif

The complete set, rear crash bars, bottom supports, and guards will interchange 2009-2013 touring frames.
To clarify, if I'm looking to add the bars in front of the bags that are visible and will contact the ground before the bags themselves, then do I need to buy new bars that go under the bags too?

To clarify, if I'm looking to add the bars in front of the bags that are visible and will contact the ground before the bags themselves, then do I need to buy new bars that go under the bags too?

Comfort Profile Rear Saddlebag Guard Kit-49179-09 | Decorative Protective Accents | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store
Is this what you are looking for?
Harley Davidson 49179-09 Comfort Profile Rear Saddlebag Guard Kit
Here is a better price with free shipping and NO tax

I think the support bars under the bags are the same. The nostalgic rear crash bar has only one hole for the nostalgic guard rail. The classic & Ultra have double holes for the two rail guards.

Thank you all so much, this is exactly what I am looking for. I found a few on eBay that are around the $100 mark that came off a road king. But I think I'd rather spend the extra $50 and just get something that I know works with my sg and is new instead of used.

To clarify; Street Glides or models that do not have guard rails, have the bag support that attaches to the front like the first link below, because there is no rear crash bar. If guard rails are used, the complete set, rails, support bar and rear crash bar is required, because the crash bar mounts to the frame where your support bar currently mounts. So the support now needs to connect to the crash bar. Looking at the pics should make my description make sense.
Of course the links show the hardware for models up to 2008, yours will be slightly different ('09 -'14).

Chrome Saddle Bag Crash Guard Eliminator Support Brackets Harley Touring 93 2008 | eBay

2001 Harley Davidson FL Touring Road Glide FLHT Saddlebag Guardrails | eBay

To clarify; Street Glides or models that do not have guard rails, have the bag support that attaches to the front like the first link below, because there is no rear crash bar. If guard rails are used, the complete set, rails, support bar and rear crash bar is required, because the crash bar mounts to the frame where your support bar currently mounts. So the support now needs to connect to the crash bar. Looking at the pics should make my description make sense.
Of course the links show the hardware for models up to 2008, yours will be slightly different ('09 -'14).

I've found a few videos that do a good job of showing me what you're talking about. The trouble i'm having now is trying to find the updated "Support" bars that are cut off before they curve so that they plug into the new crash bars. I can find the crash bars all day long, but not those updated support bars. Even in both videos I watched, they both say "these new support bars are included in the 'kit'" but for the life of me I cannot find said 'kit' anywhere.

oops, messed up the quote when I had to delete those links since my profile is so new.

Back