free website stats program road king running erratic | Harley Davidson Forums

road king running erratic

howo

I have a 2010 Flhrc stage 1 with a Ki-Tech fueler (came with the bike)
The problem is intermittent.
the engine seems to miss a firing stroke. some times continuous stuttering like its hunting or intermittently blowing head gasket. Some rides its real bad other times it's not there at all. Sometimes just in the background, other times all most unrideable then back to not bad or gone all together as u ride alone. Been like this for about 400 miles.

any ideas, has anyone had this type of thing ?
Deal recons its the Ki-tec an advises i invest in a sert £600 odd pounds over here.

any advise as to what to check would be great thxz.

Try disconnecting the fueler and see how it acts without it. If that seems to fix the issue make sure to check all the connectors and pins on the fueler and reconnect again using dielectric grease on connections.

Try disconnecting the fueler and see how it acts without it. If that seems to fix the issue make sure to check all the connectors and pins on the fueler and reconnect again using dielectric grease on connections.

yep makes sense. Never had a spanner near a bike since my Norton commando (many moons ago). So worried as (EDIT) about messing with the RK.

lead seems to disappear under the tank, god knows what happens after that. guess im gonna have a very steep learning curve to deal with !

thkz for the advise wil see what i can do

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do go to another fueler you might look into the TFI members get a discount.

So how is bike running without the Ki-Tech fueler disconnected. I would think problem solved if disconnected and with no check engine light or stored codes....

So how is bike running without the Ki-Tech fueler disconnected. I would think problem solved if disconnected and with no check engine light or stored codes....

hold ya horses dbmg- posted last night from england an its now morning have family stuff today (its a bank holiday monday) so unfortunaty i cant spend time on the roadie :(
gonna have to search out the manual for the fueler on web and read up the service manual 1st (im a 1st time harley owner) before i start scratching the paint work. i havent got many tools or a gas can to empty out the full fuel tank befor i lift it out
the list is long......

gonna have a go tommorrow night after work if the weather is okies

If it hasn't been changed from 2008, the main gas connector under the tank is a quick release which will not flow fuel when disconnected negating the need to drain the tank. A drop or 2 will come out during the disconnection. The fuel gauge plug will need to be disconnected, also under the left side and the vapor hose on the top of the tank and running back to the back end of the tank is plastic and has a short hose between 2 sections which can be pulled apart. A manual would be an invaluable as a guide for all of this.

Can you not disconnect Fueler at ECM and just connect in factory harness back into ECM with out removing fuel tank????? :33:

Back