free website stats program Road King Police FLHP 2008 Smart security system | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Police FLHP 2008 Smart security system

Hello,

My 2008 FLHP is not equipped with the HD smart security system. I want to add this system on my bike. Is this possible and which parts should I need (my local dealer says Polcie bikes come without alarm systems and installation os not possible...). Thanks a lot for your help,

Geert

I would get a wiring diagram for your year and model and check to see if the alarm wiring is indeed on the bike first. The dealers don't always give the best of information IMO.

Thx Glider,

I do not have a wiring diagram, but, in my owner's manual (Road king police models) page 71 till page 90 is about the smart security system. I can hardly believe they write 20 pages on that subjetct if it should be impossible to install one

I can hardly believe they write 20 pages on that subjetct if it should be impossible to install one

What Glider is saying is first you must determine if the Wiring Harness is the same on a bike that comes from the factory with Security VS one that does not.
Is it only a case where you need to install a module.? This is where the wiring diagram comes in....

Almost nothing is impossible. But if the wiring harness is different, are you really ready to roll up your sleeves? :)

A look on this diagram shows that they talk about Hands free security module (p6) and also "Optional security siren" (p10). I think this talks about components of thes smart security system? So wiring should be in place?

Looks like your dealer gave you some wrong info. The prints do seem to indicate your ready to install and replace the TSM with a TSSM & Hands Free unit.

Take a look around the fuse caddy and see if you can locate connector 142B (page 2 of 14). Be sure it has those 3 color wires in it. That would be a dead giveaway.
Also locate connector 30B and be sure pin 11 is populated with a light Green/Brown wire. (page 2 of 14). If you have that it would also be a dead give away.

Page 6 of 14. See if you can locate connector 208B & 209B. You may have to buy that cable. If you already have it in the bike, you are ready to Roll.

Here's a Tip... Don't waste your money on the "Pager Smart Siren". The pager is useless. Just get the regular siren.

Hi Hoople,

Checked out today, and I had a street glide nextt o my bike, so it x was more easy to compare :

1. Connector 142B : found and located with the 3 (same) color wires in it !
2.Connector 208B : Not on my bike, I have only a turn signal security module (30A)(no connector 208), this means, I should buy a Hands free smart security module complete with antenna and connection cable, I guess (place to click the antenna in is located), and replace the existing modules (it has exactly the same shape, only the connection 208A added)
3. Connector 30A : the 12 wires are in place....

I now just have to find out the part numbers I should order, i think?

Got the parts, did the installation at an authorised HD dealer (activating fob key), everything's working fine ! (charged me 2.30h of work)

Back