free website stats program Road King passing lamp positions | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King passing lamp positions

Vintagecycle

I just picked up my new RK. I noticed that one passing lamp was mounted in the forward position and the other in the aft position. I remounted the one that was aft (not easy), so that they are both forward now. Does anyone know how they are supposed to be mounted from the factory? Thanks!

I have to say that 1 points forward and 1 pointing back, if that is what you are telling us, makes me wonder how it wasn't seen during PDI / set up at the dealer. Was this bike on the showroom floor when you first saw it? I must not be understanding your meaning of forward and aft. Man that would make it hard to ride at night with them on. What did the dealer tell you about taking care of the problem? I hope it's not my local dealer.

yah, that sounds a little messed up to me, if I'm hearing it right. One was pointing forward, one was pointing backwards?

Sounds to me like he was referring to the two mounting holes in the light bar where the lights mount to the pad, there's a forward and an aft one there.
I think they use the forward hole to mount the lights in but a quick check on another RK will tell the story. They should both be mounted using the same position hole in the pad.Someone wasn't paying attention when they mounted one of the lights. You can unplug them from the connector under the nacelle and re route the wire after you correct the position of the one light.

Ok so I took a look at the mounting for my 08 Ultra and see what your talking about. Mine are mounted in the forward holes, my 09 RKC is in the shop for service so I can't say for sure but I think they also are in the front hole as I think I would have noticed the holes while cleaning the front of the lamps, sorry for the mix up on direction of lamps, as punishment I sentace myself to a fresca / tiqullia with ice, anyone else?

Ok so I took a look at the mounting for my 08 Ultra and see what your talking about. Mine are mounted in the forward holes, my 09 RKC is in the shop for service so I can't say for sure but I think they also are in the front hole as I think I would have noticed the holes while cleaning the front of the lamps, sorry for the mix up on direction of lamps, as punishment I sentace myself to a fresca / tiqullia with ice, anyone else?

Don't be so hard on yourself - I'll have one :newsmile090:

Just looked at my 2009 RK. Both lights are mounted in the forward, outer holes.

Back