free website stats program road king or street glide which would you buy?? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

road king or street glide which would you buy??

If you have to pick one of the "tree" just make sure it is the one that pushes all the right buttons when you take it for the test ride, and if it fits your primary application, whether it be short trips or long hauls on the super slab, solo or 2-up, spirited riding or long term cush and comfort. Once you decide you will make it perfect with a few eh "indulgences" but hey Harley ownership has it's price of admission, your just buying into the intial rolling stock...the fun comes afterwards. Read the $3k thread elsewhere and you will sense what other riders feel and do...

hey bubbie post a pic of your ride will ya? I'd like to see the tall sissy bar you've got for your gal.

i can only try and i will post it here.... I need to learn to do that kind of stuff, someday....

It is just a big stock one from harley nothing special .... But it is full- wide and wife loves to ride with it... Does support the lumbar she says...

Another reason i bot the king is simplicity;;; no tunes to distract from a good ride...
Wife also liked the seating behind and comfort with out looking like a princess on the pedestal....

I have a tall removable on my 2006 1200r sport... No luggage on that bike... Just for esthetics*** looks

i had a tall narrow on my dyna,,, removable ,, but luggage rack was bolted on.

Except for wide whitewalls and leather trim bags,,, gliders blue road king is my look alike.... Even have a little pledge on it...

street glide all the way. my bro in law has the rkc.. we traded bikes one night. it wasnt the bike for me. felt to heavy. must have been the way it sits. of course im used to the streetglide. no disrespect to the rkc riders, i like the street glide

SG is a great bike and rides nicely but I prefer the RK and I spent a little extra here and there to get the best of both worlds. I have a windshield, a fairing with a stereo, a simple backrest, and a tour pack which are all quick mount/removeable so I can set it up for local or travel. It's a RK classic so the leather covered bags are a pain to remove but all the rest can come off for local or I can mix/match depending on my mood without losing my instruments.

I would opt for the Roadking after having an FLHS . They discontinued it for the Roadking, both good bikes IMO:s

Not sure about other years but on the 2010 the front tire on the SG is a little larger (18" x 3.5" vs 17" x 3"). The seat is a little lower on the SG and the ground clearance is a little higher on the RK.

Haven't had a chance to put a RK thru it's paces but the SG really likes the twisties (for a touring bike).

hmmm, if I had a good price on it I would go Road King. You can always add a batwing later to it and have all the niceties when you want em and just remove it when you dont. I got the Ultra for the simple reason it was a nice bike at a decent price used. Had I walked in and found a Road King at a great deal I might have gone that way and accessorized. Not sure I would opt for a SG as I dont think I want the shortened suspension vs the RK or Ultra...just my .02.

I'm with Smitty and Iceman, fairing and hard bags are the way to go. if you want more air you can mount wings and get a shorter windshield. Never thought I'd say this but tunes are good too. Besides, being able to lock your bags is nice as well.

Back