free website stats program road king or street glide which would you buy?? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

road king or street glide which would you buy??

I got the 08 FLHR and then put a Dead Center fairing and a street glide seat on. Its nice to have the op to remove the fairing and have the Road King look, or keep it on and have the tunes.

I choose the RKC with detachable sissy and rack. After one trip into phoenix with the wife on back, we stopped at the dealer and ordered the tourpak with wrap around seat. Saddle bags get small real fast when taking off sweaters and then buying some things, wow, needed more room.

I am also looking at a detachable fairing for the winter months, cost around 4-500.
The road king just looks like the roots of harley davidson, which can quickly be changed with a few add ons(and a few thousand bucks of course)

Next year, we are thinking UC as we love to cruise the open highways.
All Harleys are Awesome!!

I am rolling on a RKC. This is my first HD and have not regretted my purchase.

Jim Stewart
PICS/BLOG - stewart_jw.blogspot.com

I am a fan of the RKC.

Last edited by a moderator:
The road glide is one of those love/hate kind of deals. I have always thought that fairing looked really weird but after seeing the 09 orange/black cvo i am warming up to them.

The road glide is one of those love/hate kind of deals. I have always thought that fairing looked really weird but after seeing the 09 orange/black cvo i am warming up to them.

You mixed the 2 together - he's asking about a Road KING or a Street GLIDE. Easy mistake to make, took me forever to figure out all the names for all the models!

Just had to give my two cents......in less than 48 hrs I have an appointment to trade in my 04 Dyna on a 07 Street Glide. I was torn between the RKC and SG and went back and forth a million times but finally decided I want the bad boy Glide look. I agree with everyone that either bike is best. It's just a personal decision.

Back