free website stats program road king has me baffled | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

road king has me baffled

check out morepowerracing thats were I found a good price on a k&n
model rk 3909 high flow & keep stock cover. your going to love your new tuner from dobeck.

ride safe,IM

There's a thread around here somewhere that shows what to get to make your own SE A/C, by buying pieces from the moco. I built the chrome one. The one part you don't buy from the moco is the filter element. Instead, you get a K&N. You get to keep your foot ball, which I did, since I bought a nice one first, but you will need a small support adapter.

Pipes alone are a bit of an improvement, but the exhaling enhancement offered by the new pipes does not really show up until to give her the ability to inhale better. Then you will need the TFI to compensate for all that new air.

Enjoy,
Rich P

$127.95 now that is allot less than i thought i would have to pay.....you got me interested! did you get it on-line or did you buy it from a retail store for that price? $127.95 i can do please do tell more....last K&N i bought for my previous bike was $70 i think

I got the S.E. air filter assembly for mine. It's almost identical to the Ness big S. You can find both on ebay. Mine was barely used, and it came to the house for less than $100.

bought my 06 RK early this spring been riding it all summer long with no issues,when i bought it she was bone stock.no pipes no air cleaner.nothing,i originally was going to leave it bone stock.(its nice being able to hear what my wife is saying to me when at a stop sign) but i decided to give it alittle more sound so i bought a set of BuB M-22 slip-ons and i ordered a dobeck TFI at the same time....pipes came to my front door.ups sent my tfi to texas for some reason (that's taken care of the guys at dobeck did a great job fixing the shipping problem) anyway i thought what the heck i'll go ahead and install the pipes and have that job out of the way...so i did.....now i figured with no TFI the RK would not run well at all i expected that.....not the case my bike runs ALLOT BETTER ....the thing idles smoother....more power....less vibration.....the works....now i'm lost i never thought in a million years that leaning a motor out that was a touch lean from the factory would make it run better??????(i'm going to install the TFI tomorrow)..oh yea i then thought....did the previous owner install a fuel controller and not tell me? nope pulled the side cover off and its all stock.... whats up with this bike?:unsure

The slip on alone should not make your bike run any leaner. It is when you start bringing more air into the engine(better/more open air cleaner). If you like the way it runs, I would leave it.

Engine is like a big air pump, any thing you can do to get air in and out will give you more power and run better up to a certain level without having to add more fuel. Better to error on the rich side than lean as we are too lean to start Capital Jack:s

got my TFI 2day. installed it and i'm very happy. from idel to 5th gear on the interstate the bike just plan out runs better!very easy to set-up i just set it up to the recommended setting backed off the second pot a bit and it runs very good. i want to Thank every one on this forum for recommending the TFI.

Back