free website stats program road king has me baffled | Harley Davidson Forums

road king has me baffled

HOLY DIVER

bought my 06 RK early this spring been riding it all summer long with no issues,when i bought it she was bone stock.no pipes no air cleaner.nothing,i originally was going to leave it bone stock.(its nice being able to hear what my wife is saying to me when at a stop sign) but i decided to give it alittle more sound so i bought a set of BuB M-22 slip-ons and i ordered a dobeck TFI at the same time....pipes came to my front door.ups sent my tfi to texas for some reason (that's taken care of the guys at dobeck did a great job fixing the shipping problem) anyway i thought what the heck i'll go ahead and install the pipes and have that job out of the way...so i did.....now i figured with no TFI the RK would not run well at all i expected that.....not the case my bike runs ALLOT BETTER ....the thing idles smoother....more power....less vibration.....the works....now i'm lost i never thought in a million years that leaning a motor out that was a touch lean from the factory would make it run better??????(i'm going to install the TFI tomorrow)..oh yea i then thought....did the previous owner install a fuel controller and not tell me? nope pulled the side cover off and its all stock.... whats up with this bike?:unsure

bought my 06 RK early this spring been riding it all summer long with no issues,when i bought it she was bone stock.no pipes no air cleaner.nothing,i originally was going to leave it bone stock.(its nice being able to hear what my wife is saying to me when at a stop sign) but i decided to give it alittle more sound so i bought a set of BuB M-22 slip-ons and i ordered a dobeck TFI at the same time....pipes came to my front door.ups sent my tfi to texas for some reason (that's taken care of the guys at dobeck did a great job fixing the shipping problem) anyway i thought what the heck i'll go ahead and install the pipes and have that job out of the way...so i did.....now i figured with no TFI the RK would not run well at all i expected that.....not the case my bike runs ALLOT BETTER ....the thing idles smoother....more power....less vibration.....the works....now i'm lost i never thought in a million years that leaning a motor out that was a touch lean from the factory would make it run better??????(i'm going to install the TFI tomorrow)..oh yea i then thought....did the previous owner install a fuel controller and not tell me? nope pulled the side cover off and its all stock.... whats up with this bike?:unsure

Did you check under the seat also???!!! LOL !!!!

no i didn't but thats a very good idea i will do that tomorrow before i start installing the TFI

More than likely you wont find anything there ( but , then again ????:) )

What you have started --your " waking " the King up!! You replaced factory muffs and letting it spit out the junk fumes easier now. Once you install the TFI and then when you add a different A/C -- WATCH OUT !!!! That King will demand respect and rule the road !!!!! It will be a completly "new" scoot for ya. Good luck and keep us posted on the upgrades!!! :s

As the saying goes more air in more air out. Its probably like you have a brand new scoot. Good for you.

it does have a stock Air filter think i'll replace it with a K&N i will update as soon as the TFI install is done tomorrow

Do a little research on your A/C unit. Lots of good ones out there!

i think the big sucker is most popular on the net. but i really don't see the the need to spend a ton of money on a air cleaner upgrade i never ride fast h.p. is not that big a deal to me. now i am open to brands other than k&n if it does not require i buy a new air box i'm just looking to replace the stock filter with alittle better flowing aftermarket all suggestions will be appreciated

i think the big sucker is most popular on the net. but i really don't see the the need to spend a ton of money on a air cleaner upgrade i never ride fast h.p. is not that big a deal to me. now i am open to brands other than k&n if it does not require i buy a new air box i'm just looking to replace the stock filter with alittle better flowing aftermarket all suggestions will be appreciated

I have the Arlen Ness big sucker on my 07 Ultra - paid $127.95 for it - kept my stock "football" cover!!! It's not so much about HP or going fast with me either , but more in letting "Ms. Pearl" BREATH and ENJOY the backroads and twisties as much as I do !!!!!

$127.95 now that is allot less than i thought i would have to pay.....you got me interested! did you get it on-line or did you buy it from a retail store for that price? $127.95 i can do please do tell more....last K&N i bought for my previous bike was $70 i think

Back