free website stats program Road King For Softail Deluxe? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King For Softail Deluxe?

My local dealer, and sort of a friend of mine, has a 2007 Softail Deluxe with Stage One, quick detach w/s, bags, one year warranty,and 4500 miles on it. I have a 2007 Road King Classic with Stage One, Rinehart slip-ons, and 14,000 miles on it. He wants to trade me "even-up" for my Road King. He says Road Kings sell quicker in this area. I like the "looks" of the Softail, but now people tell me it's a "chick" bike. What do you guys think? Kelly Blue Book is about $100 difference in average retail. Here's a pic of the bike. Sorry, it's big. I don't know how to resize it.

tn529s3.jpg

I love the soft tail deluxe...more women upgrade to this bike after a sportster because it is a little shorter, but nothing on that bike says girly to me. I almost bought one before my SG.

I rode both. The Deluxe has to be one of the easiest HDs to ride. I like the styling and also heard the 'it's a chick bike' rumblings.

I ended up w/ a Road King. I like the air suspension, frame, and dual discs up front. It seemed like there was more bang for the buck, imho. The way my King is set up, it looks very much like a Deluxe. It's chromed out and has cruise control, which is a major plus. I can run for 10 hours w/o a problem. I like how it can look like a street bike one minute, then go full cruiser in minutes.

The question you haven't answered is, "are you happy with your Road King?"

If you decide to trade, what is it you think you will get from the Softail that you don't get in the Road King?

I personally have an 09 RK with 19,000 miles on it. I'll be buying my wife a Fat Boy Low because "that's what she likes".

Other question I would have to ask is "did you ever desire a Softail before?"

I'd just hate to be driven to a purchase because someone else wants to get rid of something.

Just another thing to consider is that a dealer will not use Kelly blue book, they use the NADA for a value of used motorcycles , Now for example I have a 2007 street glide and the 2010 december issue of NADA (Current) list the RT value at $12,850 and the CT at $14,320. I would be looking somewhere in the middle as far as value then subtract wear and tear items such as tires, scratches dents, as far as upgrades exhaust /stage one / tuners /backrest . I would not be looking for extra money, because the dealer would not either or really care about how many miles unless its a insane amont, ok I need a tire and have a small dent in my fender, So what would I expect for my07 street glide $ 12,850. Now I have to compare this to the other bike I intend to buy and due the same process to end up with a fare deal,Just sayin this is what I would due . rite now as I have a 2003 Indian for sale , I have a offer for a straight up trade as yours for a 2004 ultama ST chopper is it a good deal for me, well money wise the book says yes to the tune of 4000 more ,but its not what I am looking for, although its a beauty as far as choppers go ,but I am not a chopper guy and resale is a small market . what I am saying is, there is no need to jump do your homework and weigh all your options before you deside and you will be happy in the end.

CHICK Bike??? YES it will probably GET a Lot of Chicks

I owned a 1995 883, new and got razzed all the time by the Not Knowing...

Tired of hearing the Jabs,

I built it into a 1200 cc bike, used wisseco pistons at 10.5/1 ratio and a few other performance enhancers...

My normal response to That type of "biker" after he chuckles and calling ALL sportys "girly bikes",,,,,

YOU WANTA RACE TITLE FOR TITLE ????? That usually shuts them up.

(one time)

A guy joking about the Girly thing, noticed my Side arm after I got on my 883 and was really SWEAT N BULLETS for a while... wondering if I ????

Naugh, I just rode off but really stared at him for a few and enjoyed it..

I am NOT violent but some times Look It...:newsmile075:

What a great Life :bigsmiley16:

signed....BUBBIE

When the soft tail was introduced it was hightech at its finest the look of a rigid scoot that actuly had a suspention that worked , the rigid guys dubbed that the ST is for girls, real men ride real rigid frames.and the girly thing did stick in certain circles , most of those guys today who insist on riding ridgid frames all these yrs wish they never made that commentand bought a ST .those are the guys limbing around cryin about they cant get there back adjustment appointment moved up are there cryin my back so screwed up I gota sell my bike doctor says I cant ride no more.and as for the Sportsters being a girls bike ,I dont think there is any bike that has more win on the track then the sportster based XR / KHK.

When the soft tail was introduced it was hightech at its finest the look of a rigid scoot that actuly had a suspention that worked , the rigid guys dubbed that the ST is for girls, real men ride real rigid frames.and the girly thing did stick in certain circles , most of those guys today who insist on riding ridgid frames all these yrs wish they never made that commentand bought a ST .those are the guys limbing around cryin about they cant get there back adjustment appointment moved up are there cryin my back so screwed up I gota sell my bike doctor says I cant ride no more.and as for the Sportsters being a girls bike ,I dont think there is any bike that has more win on the track then the sportster based XR / KHK.

The sporster is HD longest running model, and can beat the pants off a Big Twin in town , Not a girls bike, and after riding a rigid I would be glad to have a softail:p

Back