free website stats program Road King For Softail Deluxe? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King For Softail Deluxe?

I had a 05 Softail Deluxe & moved up to a 09 Streetglide. My brother has a 06 Roadking.
First, just what I noticed and I'm 5'11" 170lbs:
Softail Deluxe I liked Very much. After a ride from KS to KY and back this last summer I realized I needed a larger framed bike so I went for the Streetglide. I have noticed though after riding the Streetglide my brothers Roadking rides much smoother than both the Softail Deluxe and the Streetglide. I could go on and on but you go for what your needs require. Both the Softail Deluxe & Roadking are great bikes, only you can make the final decission.

Second: My wife is a short 5' and has a Softail Deluxe with 37k miles and loves it.:bigsmiley16: Fits her perfect and a 2-4k trip she doesn't complain one bit.:s

Have you taken the Deluxe for a demo ride? Counter-balanced engine; different feel on the highway. Pic would suggest you ride solo mostly, if not have you both done a highway ride on a softail?
They’re both beautiful bikes; ride what you prefer. Motorcycles don’t have a gender preference.

Me? I’d stay with the RK. No bias here. :)

Why does this guy want to trade you? If it is just because it is for him to sell it faster what does that tell you? Keep your bike unless he makes you an offer you can't refuse! Remember he is a dealer! By the way I have a softail and I don't consider it a chicks bike.

He says he can sell the RK faster than the Softail, and since winter has set in, he's anxious to sell something. I think he has someone interested in a used Road King, but he's not saying.

He says he can sell the RK faster than the Softail, and since winter has set in, he's anxious to sell something. I think he has someone interested in a used Road King, but he's not saying.

Just remember if you go through with deal once the King's gone its gone. If the Deluxe does not work out, starting over with a newer King is going to cost a lot more $$$$$$$. So make sure your decision is well thought out and not a spur of the moment....

Never heard of the Deluxe being called a chic bike, your choice in the end but I would keep the King, It's called the King for a reason!! !:lolrolling

I like both bikes, but I think the Road King is a keeper, it beats a softail hand down for comfort IMO on the long runs:s

I think you just have to go with your gut on this one. It doesn't mean you're married to either one and can always trade in the future.

when faced with a tough decision there is only one way out. keep the RK and buy the Softail Deluxe that way you don't feel guilty about getting rid of the RK, your friend makes a sale and you have a new toy.

problem solved.

Back