free website stats program Road King For Softail Deluxe? | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King For Softail Deluxe?

hd4evr

Banned
My local dealer, and sort of a friend of mine, has a 2007 Softail Deluxe with Stage One, quick detach w/s, bags, one year warranty,and 4500 miles on it. I have a 2007 Road King Classic with Stage One, Rinehart slip-ons, and 14,000 miles on it. He wants to trade me "even-up" for my Road King. He says Road Kings sell quicker in this area. I like the "looks" of the Softail, but now people tell me it's a "chick" bike. What do you guys think? Kelly Blue Book is about $100 difference in average retail. Here's a pic of the bike. Sorry, it's big. I don't know how to resize it.

tn529s3.jpg

The Deluxe is what I was looking at earlier this year. I don't know 07 features but I wanted to add w/s and bags which came standard on the Road King Classic for the added $$. The RKC also has the Touring frame and larger rear tire, and Cruise control was included.

Bike is very nice. What are plans for a passenger and if 2 up length of ride? King maybe better suited do to touring chassis.

JMO - I think the Road King is an overall more versatile bike. Your choice though and if it makes you happy, that's all that matters.

I can see a girl on a Deluxe rather than a RK. To me a Softtail Deluxe looks pretty and I also heard from people that it is more a chick's bike. My opinion - Keep your Roadking.

If i were you i wouldn't listen to anybodies opinion and just do what feels right for me
You only get one chance at life do it your own way

Brian

I think your 'friend' at the dealership has already answered the question for you. There's a reason the RK will sell better/faster than the ST-Deluxe. But, it's your decision. As someone already mentioned, be sure to consider how you plan to ride (1 or 2 up & distance). Good Luck!:57:

My wife and I test rode many bikes before getting the road king. The deluxe was one of them. We both love the style of the deluxe, but we do alot of 2 up riding and the rear seat is not the nicest. IMO it is better suited as a solo bike. It was built for shorter riders, im 5'11" and it fit me great, so i would'nt say it only for shorter riders. We had a wide glide before so it didnt take much to improve comfort but the road king suited our wants better. No regrets at all. I would not trade, that is a personal opinion just my .02

Back