free website stats program Road King floor boards | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King floor boards

DanDolfn

Just bought a 2011 Road King.

In my comfortable seating position, my feet stick out in front of the floor boards. If I had to guess, I'd say that two-thirds of my feet are on the floor boards and the front third of my feet stick out past the floor boards.

Is there any way to move the floor boards forward?

Or are there after-market floor boards that can be mounted further forward?

It isn't particularly uncomfortable this way, but it just feels like my feet ought to be roughly centered on the floor boards instead of hafl the floor boards being behind my feet and a third of my feet being completely off the floor boards.

Putting and keeping my feet on the floorboards for more than a short time is very uncomfortable to me. I have road pegs on my crash bar and the front of my boots rest on the pegs and my heel sits about half way on my floorboards. I have put over 600 miles in one day this way and it feels natural to me. When riding I shift around from all floorboards to stretching out my legs all the way on on the pegs and then going back to the toe heel position and comfortable for riding day in day out

$80.00 for one inch?

That's pricey, no matter where that inch is going.

:)

But thanks for the suggestions.

Maybe I'll try the pegs. I kept the set I'd put on my old bike.

LOL Yes Hundred Dollars indeed. I have the extended floor boards on mine. I'm 6'7" and they made it alot more comfortable. They also moved it out from bike 3/4" I believe so made stance better for me. As stated though....there's Harley Davidson parts and there's cheap parts. Never in the same sentence though. LOL :D

I'm learning that.

When they took me around at the dealership, they introduced me to the service dept people. Prominent behind the counter was a big sign that said the 1000 mile check ups cost from $270 to $330. Labor was $82 per hour.

I live about 120 miles from the dealer, so it's not really practical for me to go there on a regular basis.

Fortunately, I have a great mechanic in town who will take care of me just fine, and for a whole lot less $$.

Putting and keeping my feet on the floorboards for more than a short time is very uncomfortable to me. I have road pegs on my crash bar and the front of my boots rest on the pegs and my heel sits about half way on my floorboards. I have put over 600 miles in one day this way and it feels natural to me. When riding I shift around from all floorboards to stretching out my legs all the way on on the pegs and then going back to the toe heel position and comfortable for riding day in day out

i have the same on mine...very comfy :D

Back