free website stats program Road King Classic Seat and Bags | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Classic Seat and Bags

hd4evr

Banned
Unfortunately it's about time to put the bike away for the winter. I was wondering what to put on my RKC seat and bags as a preservative/conditioner for over the winter. Not Armor-All , right?

A good leather conditioner on bags, mild soap and water on seat. Then install tender on battery and cover bike.

I use Oakwood Leather Conditioner from Australia. It smells great, and has done wonders preserving the leather on my RKC.

Enjoy,
Rich P

hd4ever, I use the HD condition tried some others seems to work as good as the next. One trick I have found is apply a good heavy coat to saddle bags and leave it on over night, parts of leather that are dry will suck up more of the conditioner then other parts. Wipe off excess in morning and buff with soft cloth. They look better then the day I picked it up. Seat soap and water.

I put saddle soap on my bag's and seat. When I put it on the bags they soaked it right up, .. So they should be well preserved...

Do most of you take them off the bike and store them in the house, or just leave them on the bike? Your bags, I'm talking about.

Back