free website stats program Road King Classic Saddlebag Rails | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Classic Saddlebag Rails

hd4evr

Banned
Nostalgic Road King Classic Saddlebag Guard Rails......who's added them to their bike? Do you like them, and was it an easy install?

Easy installation, just make sure to get the rear bracket where it belongs or the rails will be slanted. Fit it all up before tightening anything.

RK17C-1.jpg

One more thing. Was looking on e-bay and found these. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270593883449

Link says item is no longer available. You must have bought it already! :p

Seriously, it's not worth saving a few bucks when it comes to things that bolt on to your bike. You simply can't beat OEM HD stuff for fit. Kuryakyn and others also make nice stuff but it's usually not a big savings over HD stuff, just different.

Now when it comes to bags, liners, luggage, riding gear, and stuff like that, I don't hesitate to buy something without the Bar and Shield logo!

Nostalgic Road King Classic Saddlebag Guard Rails......who's added them to their bike? Do you like them, and was it an easy install?

They are on my list to add, I've seen them on several bikes and look sharp over the black leather.

I'm noticing that the '98-'08, '09, and '10 versions each have their own part numbers so if you grab em off ebay be careful you get the right one. I can understand the difference between '08 and '09 versions, but dooes anybody know how they would be different for the '09 versus the '10??

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be the cats in the earlier models being they went to the cats in the pipes in the later models but some of the slipons from the MOCO bear the same part number on both mufflers.

Could be the cats in the earlier models being they went to the cats in the pipes in the later models but some of the slipons from the MOCO bear the same part number on both mufflers.

Glider, are you saying that the '09 has cats in the stock slip ons?

Back