free website stats program Road King Classic Leather Bags | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Classic Leather Bags

hd4evr

Banned
I asked this before, but it's a few pages back now, and probably has gotten lost. Anyway, do most of you take them off the bike and store them in the house, or just leave them on the bike? Your bags, I'm talking about. My bike will be in northern Ohio, in an unheated, but attached to the house, garage.

If you have room in the house and they would not get damaged, then why not?

I leave mine on. The brackets are ugly when the bags are off and I keep my cell phone etc in there.
WAP.gif

I asked this before, but it's a few pages back now, and probably has gotten lost. Anyway, do most of you take them off the bike and store them in the house, or just leave them on the bike? Your bags, I'm talking about. My bike will be in northern Ohio, in an unheated, but attached to the house, garage.

I'm guessing you are talking about putting the scoot up for the winter - if so , why not take em off and take them inside , clean em up with some leather cleaner then pop them with some mink oil , saddle soap , water proofer or some other leather conditioner and let the bags set till spring.

I'm guessing you are talking about putting the scoot up for the winter - if so , why not take em off and take them inside , clean em up with some leather cleaner then pop them with some mink oil , saddle soap , water proofer or some other leather conditioner and let the bags set till spring.

This is very good advice, I do this with my jacket and chaps in the spring here in Florida, I clean them first then Mink oil them and let it soak in, The same would apply to leather bags IMO

I took my bags off my heritage and plan on bringing em in for the clean up and leather treatment. good advice. We are forecasted to have a horrible winter so I will err on the side of caution and bring em in. Plus, nothing beats sitting in front of the woodstove when it is blizzarding out and rubbing in some good leather conditioner into the bags...of course I have my 55" hanging over the mantle so i have something to look at :newsmile061:

I'm holding out for that "one more nice day for a ride" but when the time comes ...the bags and seat come inside. There's no need to freeze them. I just measured the back door of my bedroom and if I remove the crash bars I can get the bike in there too !!
SC

Back