free website stats program Road King bat wing | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King bat wing

SCGamecock

Hi all,

I am just curious as to how popular the batwing mod is on Road Kings. I love the look of it on the Street Glide but I prefer the styling of the Road King. Please let me know your thoughts on this as well as where to buy, what manufacturer has the best quality.

If you have one on your King would you post some pics?

Thanks
Wade

I put one on my old RK Classic because I wanted the SG look, radio and wind protection. Regretted it later and sold it, just not the same, get the bike you want don't try and turn a RK into something it's not.
I bought the Tsukayu fairing good quality fiberglass and around $900.00 painted vivid black with stereo was a good deal.
Finally got the bike I really wanted when I got my Ultra.:D

I put one on my old RK Classic because I wanted the SG look, radio and wind protection. Regretted it later and sold it, just not the same, get the bike you want don't try and turn a RK into something it's not.
I bought the Tsukayu fairing good quality fiberglass and around $900.00 painted vivid black with stereo was a good deal.
Finally got the bike I really wanted when I got my Ultra.:D

Great advice HDSickness.... At around $1,000 plus, that is a healthy portion of a down payment for a faired bike. And what is the risk involved installing and removing fairing and possible damage while doing it....
Great point to think about...........:s

I have a Woody's on my RKC. I also put a set of bat lashes on it. It looks great and gives me a choice as to what I want to ride, from one day to the next. I can ride a Street King, Electra-King, or a stripped down RoadKing. I also bought the matching tourpak. It is all quick disconnect, so I can reconfigure the scooter in less than 15 minutes.

Here she is with her formal dress uniform:

FullyDressedRoadKing.jpg

It is true, it is about a grand to buy and paint. Woody has one you can put a full sound system in.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Rich, your bike looks great! Thanks for sharing.

I like the option of changing the looks depending on mood. The Street Glides are nice but a little to pricey for me, even used.

Wade

Woody's makes fairings that mount to the same points as your original windshield, with a small mod, which he supplies. My painter said that the fiberglass was the best he had ever worked with. All he had to do was break the glaze.

Here is where you can get it, and see many customer scooters: motorcycle fairings for VTX, Valkyrie, Road King Heritage Softail

Folks in my club refer to my scooter as my Steel Barbie Doll. They never know what I will ride up on, since she is always configured differently.

By the way, you can choose to put on the original windshield, if you want.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I have a Reckless on mine and it never comes off.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372595262532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372595262532.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372595335131.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372595335131.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372595383568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372595383568.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 44
Back