Road King Bags

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by BCRoadking, Mar 13, 2009.

1. BCRoadking

BCRoadking Member

I posted this over in the general area , but I'll let er fly here too .
    Anybody have any good tricks / solutions for scratches on my Road King Classic leather bags . They have gotten marks around the buckles from unsnapping them as well as marks from the wife on top where shoes have rubbed , she's a tad short when dissmounting . Pledge does a good job makin them dissapear for the short term, but would like to redo them so they look good again , scratches under the buckles are the worst.

Thanks Guys .

2. roadkingz4me

roadkingz4me New Member

All I ever use is the Harley leather care product sold at your dealer.If it doesnt work for you , you can always try a cream used to protect hockey goalie pads.Hope that helps ya.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

4. walt5162

walt5162 Active Member

Worst case if they are too far gone... you can shell out $600 for a new set. I learned the hard way to extra good care of my leather bags!

Walt

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

You could always check out a shoemaker for some of the black dye they use too.

6. allaco

allaco Member

i have had good luck with Doc Bailys leather conditioner it does not repair it but it covers it up nice and lasts for quite a while.just wear your riding gloves or rubber gloves it does stain your hands

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Baby oil removes it :s