free website stats program Road king 2014 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road king 2014

chuck60

I'm looking at a 2014 road king, and I would like to know from someone who has one, how they compare to the 2009-13 models. Just some over all thoughts. Thanks
Charlie.

I cannot give you a comparison over earlier models but I love my new King...if you look up Project Rushmore 2014 it will give you some info

I almost got one.But chose a 2013 instead,mainly because they were having a recall at the time.According to the salesman,they were more powerful,different cams or something,and the bags were bigger and easier to open.They flip up via a little lever.I liked that.

I almost got one.But chose a 2013 instead,mainly because they were having a recall at the time.According to the salesman,they were more powerful,different cams or something,and the bags were bigger and easier to open.They flip up via a little lever.I liked that.

Recall on what ?

I'm thinking very very hard on a 2014 Roadking. Might go test ride one Saturday
WAP.gif

I have the 2014 Street glide but both bikes are excellent choices.

The differences between the 2013 and the 2014 models are the redesigned hard bags locking and access system, the 103" engine has been slightly modified with different cams and the one major change that I personally find annoying is the entire electrical system. Why you ask?

Project Rushmore changed the wiring into a computer controlled system. This appears to control everything on the bike. You have to be very careful if you want to add electrical accessories, especially if it is not made by Harley for the 2014 models. There is a Body Control Module that runs the bike and it is essentially a computer that handles all electrics. You can't just splice into existing wires and add lights without consequences. I will not go into how I discovered this but I did. My situation wasn't severe and it was quickly remedied by the third party lighting company that knew exactly what to do to correct the minor issue.

The other issue that seems to be continuing is the fact there isn't enough accessories (both hardware and electrical), available from Harley or third party companies at this time.

Over time I expect to see stuff but right now, it is frustrating.

That's it. I said it and I feel better.

BTW, I got my Street Glide delivered on New Years Eve and the hydraulic clutch was not an issue. No recall for me.

Good luck in your decision.

Well after looking at the new 2014 road kings I decided that the price increase was not worth the coast for what they added to the bike, so I found a 2013 with 6700 miles for $16.000.00 with over $2200 in extras that I would have added anyway, so I am very happy with my decision.

Sounds like a good decision to me! Still a brand new bike.

Back