free website stats program road hazard tire rules | Harley Davidson Forums

road hazard tire rules

walleye

Contributor
Anyone know for certain the rules for the road hazard tire warranty and the deductible associated with it? I am not at all happy with HD's way of handling my problem with my front tire. D407 Dunlop severe cupping at less than 4K. Service told me due to improper air pressure which I called garbage on as I watch it very close and there is a known problem. Anyway, I have the road hazard and I feel a nail coming on. I now have 7K and withstood the vibration my entire road trip. (2400 miles) I am not very happy as I feel if I spend 23K and need a new tire at 4K. :( Not a crook but I can't stand getting ripped either. If you take care of your tires you should get 15-20K on the front, not 10K.

Walleye,I will look it up tommorow when I have my papers as to what the min.tread depth is,but the tire and wheel warranty has no deductable and no prorating as long as it meets minimum tread depth.

My paperwork says:

"We will pay for COSTS to repair or replace the original equipment or like replacement tires and/or wheels of YOUR MOTORCYCLE that fail due to contact with a road hazard (pothole or debris on the road surface such as nail, rock or tree limb).

YOU do not have to pay the DEDUCTIBLE under this coverage, Pickup, rental and travel lodging benefits apply to covered tire and wheel claims.

Exclusions to this coverage include: normal wear, damage due to collission (except road hazards as described above), overloading, dry rot, fire, flood, vandalism, acts of God; abnormal wear; failure of tires or wheels when tires have less than 3/32 of an inch of tread. This coverage is not available to police motorcycles."

Anyone know for certain the rules for the road hazard tire warranty and the deductible associated with it? I am not at all happy with HD's way of handling my problem with my front tire. D407 Dunlop severe cupping at less than 4K. Service told me due to improper air pressure which I called garbage on as I watch it very close and there is a known problem. Anyway, I have the road hazard and I feel a nail coming on. I now have 7K and withstood the vibration my entire road trip. (2400 miles) I am not very happy as I feel if I spend 23K and need a new tire at 4K. :( Not a crook but I can't stand getting ripped either. If you take care of your tires you should get 15-20K on the front, not 10K.

I believe you may want to find a new dealer!!! :lolrolling A nail in the tire as long as it still has "legal" tread depth (3/32" I believe) should fix ya up! :apGot a nail in my back tire the day I bought :wallmy scooter, and used it.......Had to pay the dealer, they filled out some paperwork and gave it to me, I then had to mail it along with a copy of the receipt to them, and then they sent me a check for the full amount.:newsmile090: It did take about 6-8 weeks though:(..

Funny thing is I never buy this type of stuff on anything, but for some reason felt I needed to buy it, and it paid for itself that very same day. Was stranded 150 miles from home on a Saturday night, but the hotels honeymoon suite was available:D

I believe you may want to find a new dealer!!! :lolrolling A nail in the tire as long as it still has "legal" tread depth (3/32" I believe) should fix ya up! :apGot a nail in my back tire the day I bought :wallmy scooter, and used it.......Had to pay the dealer, they filled out some paperwork and gave it to me, I then had to mail it along with a copy of the receipt to them, and then they sent me a check for the full amount.:newsmile090: It did take about 6-8 weeks though:(..

I have used my tire warranty twice now,the first time when the one side of the tire scrubbed off and the second time when the replacement cracked.I never paid the dealer a penny either time.This is the first time I have heard of any dealer doing it on a reimbursement system.

Back