free website stats program Road Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide

A few months ago a new set of vented fairing lowers were added to the bike, got tired of getting cold and soaked while traveling. Last weekend was the first long trip with the lowers, 2 days and almost 1,000 miles. A buddy of mine is deploying overseas so we made a trip to north GA, NC and TN. He never road the Tail of the Dragon.

Anyway, I love the fairing lowers. After 14 hours in the saddle on Saturday and 12 hours on Sunday my lower legs were not beat up and tired. The lowers made it much more comfortable.

The newer style vented lowers also produced enough breeze in the dead of summer, even in the GA heat.

I've road a Road King Classic for the last 3 years. Put 40k on it. Loved it. It is the best all around bike. with some apes, right seat and about 8k worth of chrome sparkly's.
But now, I've crossed over to the Dark side and full bagged it.09 FLTRSE3. Road Ki...........what!

Ya, I had to smile when I read your post. When younger, (Kennedy years) riding with a windshield was just out of the question. Not cool at all. I rode all day long without a windshield at 75-80 mph with my head turned about 20 degrees to the side in order for the wind to blow the tears out of my eyes. The occasional big old grasshopper would smack into my cheeks and I would wince but cowboy up and go on. Night riding was especially tough. I didn't slow down any, just had different bugs to contend with. Those stinkbugs that smack into your forehead and then run down into your eyes burn like hell and test your endurance for sure.
Today I ride with a windshield. Do I miss the old days? Like everything else, they were good for training for older age but no, I don't miss them. I want all the protection and comfort I can avail myself of. Life is good! Ride on.

Even being young, I'll take the windshield, especially now with the colder days. Riding without it is great during the summer months, but now my bike would be in the garage if I didn't have it. I'm sure once the kids are older a bagger with fairing like a Street Glide will be in my future.

Back