free website stats program Road Glide Status | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide Status

bobbeidel

What's the story on the redesign of the Road Glide fairing and the halt in production for 2014? Are there issues with the fairing?

Thanks,
Bob B:

I have not seen or heard anything on this. Can you give us your source?

3 seperate dealers in Texas told me late 2015/early 16, it comes back.

From a dealer last week: Fairing patent issues, patent buy out, small fairing redesign to improve on failure rates. Failures caught before it hits the street. (whew). Thats not the only reason it's going away, but this is one small reason.

disclaimer: This was in a discussion when i was shopping for one. I could have been told this by a sales twit pumping sunshine trying to act smert (smart). Just sharing a story.

On a sadder note - The RKC is done in the U.S. this year. It is staying available "across the pond".

Weather is GREAT in DFW..........ROLLIN!!!

Thanks guys, guess I'm not spending enough time at the dealers.

On a sadder note - The RKC is done in the U.S. this year. It is staying available "across the pond".

Harley-Davidson killing six models for 2014

Harley-Davidson is making some room on its dealers' showroom floors. The motorcycle manufacturer has announced it will kill off a total of six models for 2014, including the XR1200X Sportster, FXS Softail Blackline and the FLHTC Electra Glide Classic. The company says it's pulling the plug on the bikes to "optimize the number of choices available," according to VisorDown, and to "reduce product overlap." We imagine it also has something to do with the fact that Harley-Davidson saw sales decline by more than 9 percent year over year despite an increase in profits in 2012.

Much of that sales decline can be attributed to lackluster demand in the US. The manufacturer will axe the FLHRC Road King Classic in North America only, while the FLHR Road King will fall off of the order books in other markets. Don't expect to see the FLTRX Road Glide Custom or the FLTRU Road Glide Ultra in 2014, either, though Harley-Davidson promises both bikes will return after a redesign.

On Memorial Day weekend I traded my 1999 FLHTC in on a 2013 FLHTC and have not regretted it for a minute, what a tremendous ride. It keeps getting better every day. I can't believe the balance and handleing on this bike. The dealer said they were discontinuing it after 2013 because the market has become flooded and they have to many touring models.

I was a little dissapointed in the fuel milage at first, 30 mpg on the first tank, I knew it would get better after the engine break in, had it dino tuned after 1000 miles and now it is up to 42 mpg around town, that is about what I was getting on my 99. The highway should be at least 10 mpg more depending on conditions.

Leaving in 2 1/2 weeks to ride the entire lenght of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Can't wait.

Back