free website stats program Road glide owners...please help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Road glide owners...please help!

cvhmpls

Account Removed
I have a 2007 Road Glide.
I need your advice on my next windshield choice.
As you can see, I'm running with the (extremely) short HD windshield now.
I love the look, but I get no wind protection from the neck up.
I can't hear the radio above 25mph.
I need a windshield that will kick the wind up over my head,
but I don't want to completely wreck the look of the bike
or look through the windshield.
Maybe it is an impossibility to have a sleek looking windshield AND
good wind protection.
I have considered Klockwerks, Cee Baileys, WindVest, and Clearview.
I'm 6'1"
Please include suggested sizes.
All advice will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• THE GLIDE - 10_2.jpg
    THE GLIDE - 10_2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 54
  • THE GLIDE - 11.jpg
    THE GLIDE - 11.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
So I guess that would be called the "$19,000 option!"
I was kinda looking for something a little cheaper.

WOW...really?
That's pretty cool.
I really like the look of the Road Glide though, so I'll probably keep it as is.
By the way, how do you like your 2009 SG?
Does it really ride and handle differently than your last ride?

I have the 12" klockwerks & I love it !! IT has the looks I was after & the wind protection is as good as the stock 15" HD windshield . As for the sound system I put in the HOG-TUNES speaker & amplifier & would recommend it to anyone , it was one of the best upgrades that I did , now I can run 7O-8O mph & still hear the radio . Windshield are one of the items that depends on you , what you like may not be what others like & you will get alot of opinions . There are alot of threads on windshields in the touring section , you may want to check them out .

I've got the Clearview stock height and works good. Still some buffeting, but nothing like the stock HD one. I'm 5' 10".
I also upgraded to HogTunes and I can't even turn up the radio all the way or it hurts my ears, even at highway speed of 70.

Good luck!

Ironmark
How tall are you, I'm in the same boat. I'm 6'0', would like to run a klockworks, but for that price I want to make sure it works.
Jonnierock

I have a Clearview -1" windshield and LOVE it! I'm 5'8" and the size is perfect for me (for you- the standard size would be better or maybe even +1). Can hear the CD easily at highway speeds and optically it's excellent. I recommend it wholeheartedly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironmark
How tall are you, I'm in the same boat. I'm 6'0', would like to run a klockworks, but for that price I want to make sure it works.
Jonnierock

I am 5ft 1Oin this what it it looks like on my RG

Attachments

• 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 50
Back