free website stats program Road Glide owners - driving lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide owners - driving lights

Grillfish

I'm trying to decide on which driving lights to add to my 09 RG. Both from more light at night (will upgrade the headlight bulb too), but for more visibility during the day.

I've seen Motolights on many bikes and love the way they look, provide that bright light even during the day and lifetime warranty on bulbs. I also like the idea of being able to plug it into the aux switch connector near the battery. They mount low off the brake caliper bolt. With 50w bulb, they are $413.

I've only seen the Kuryakyn 5007 lights in pictures. It combines driving lights and turn signals and looks pretty easy to install, but the directions shows a seperate switch to turn them on/off and I do not feel like drilling holes in my inner fairing. They mount where the stock turn signals are. They are about $280.

Anyone have any experience with the above options? I have lowers, so can't attach fog lights to my highway bars that easily.

Thanks in advance. Ride safe and have fun out there.

================================================

Changed my mind... like I do all the time. Will just upgrade my bulbs to Osram or PIAA first, then decide. I used the extra savings on an oil cooler for the Glide.

Ride safe and have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm installing the Kuryakyn 5007s on mine as we speak. I actualling popped for the ACC power plug (Deutsch plug next to battery) and fished the wire under the tank (much easier than I thought). I'm hooking them up the way Kuryakyn first, just so they can't say I violated any warranty

Mine is a '98, so the old signals were on the fairing support. They were a (EDIT) to get off.

The whole kit and kaboodle is current laying on the garage floor because they aren't lighting up. I have power to the bulbs, so it's hard to believe, but it looks like BOTH bulbs are bad! On hold until Kuryakyn Tech Support gets in on Monday.

If they say the fixtured will handle it, I'll probably go with some 55 watt bulbs anyway.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
have you looked into using a "P-Clamp" and an automotive type driving lamp? Would be a lot cheaper thae either option you listed?
Just mount the clamp in the gap on the outside of the lowers, and you're good to go

I also have lowers on my FLTRU and after talking to a lot of people have decided on the Motolights. They have a reputation of lasting longer and are now available in LED. Will be ordering soon

Grillfish,
hidden inside fairing are a black and red wire in many touring models you will find it nead wires for head light they can be used for extra lights.
they are there of international models the red wire will have a cap on it.

Thanks, Smitty! Once I save up some $$$ after my oil cooler purchase, I'll look into this and my service manual for any electrical diagrams. I might go the p-clamp and driving light option if they fit nicely w/ my lowers.

Ride safe and have fun out there.

Back