free website stats program Road Glide Neck Bearing Grease Zert Fix | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide Neck Bearing Grease Zert Fix

I like the idea about askin' them to SHOW you how to do it... Where's the Pinnochio emoticon when ya need it...?

-F-

Try this. Thexton right angle adaptor part #THE418 I would put a grease fitting on the end then attach grease gun. Works on Chrysler lower ball joints with out removing the wheel. Just a thought.

Attachments

• THE-418.jpg
    THE-418.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 17
Right after I posted my "intelligent posterior"(how's that, Glider, lol...?) comment about SHOW me, it occurred that a right-angle/specialty gooper might be a solution- provided you figured out how to gain more than the aforementioned 1/2" access to the zerk....

Another alternative would be a remote access, via some tubing and a zerk adjacent to one of the brakelines on the bottom triple mclamp... Kinda like on a Peterbilt, located on the frame just aft of the steering axle on the driver's side, which serves things like the throw-out bearing, etc.

:D -F-

Now, now, Glider... Go easy on me- I really AM a friendly! I just can't help my oozing creativity...

Oh, wait! The work-around thing... You meant about remotely locating the zerk, right?:D

-F-

Now, now, Glider... Go easy on me- I really AM a friendly! I just can't help my oozing creativity...

Oh, wait! The work-around thing... You meant about remotely locating the zerk, right?:D

-F-

I don't go easy on anyone that causes me more work.:D...I'm friendly too.

As far as the "intelligent posterior" that's the work around just so you know :s

Hope you left the ale outside.

10-4, seen-yore... Good end to the off-topic, but I appreciate the reasoning behind it all as much as I appreciate your implied acceptance of my ability to find clean alternatives...

It is a much more positive thing to keep it G-rated so everyone can enjoy what I believe is a most impressive site for us enthusiasts, both current and upcoming(the work-around here is "older & younger") strictly relegated to words like "udder" because it's anatomically correct, and politically correct all at once! I understand now.

Now... How 'bout that zerk?(The work-around here is, "Honey, I left my ale outside...")

Glider, I truly enjoy what you contribute here. Thanks.

-F-

Back