road glide left turn signal

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jmeuser6338, Jan 26, 2010.

1. jmeuser6338

jmeuser6338 New Member

I have an 08 FLTR, the lights are on but no ones home, sorry yeah the right turn works fine, but the left nothing even though the front and rear light are on, no blinking on the left side, any ideas before I pull what little hair I have left out? I am sure it is something simple, thanks :(

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Start with a test light to see if there is power to the socket could be as simple as a bulb

3. 2000classic

2000classic Active Member

The front lite may be on, but that would be the running lite. The other filament on that bulb may be blown, hence no flash. Check it out and let us know.:s

4. 08roadglider

08roadglider Member

Or maybe HD put a single element bulb instead of a double. Stranger things have happened....

5. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

You might need fresh blinker fluid as the factory stuff ain't too good. I recommend synthetic, but that's just me.

6. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

put new bulbs in front and back( JMO here but I would replace both sides) . before you install them - put a dabble of diaelectric grease in the socket.

7. joel

joel Junior Member

After replacing the bulbs and if you still have the same condition, replace the flasher / relay. If this is a electronic flasher it is very poss. one side will flash and the other side won't

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  8. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Before buying new bulbs, it's easier to swap each side to the other side.
    If the trouble travels to the other side, it's the bulb.
    If it stays on the same side, then you have to look at other items such as socket, wiring, etc.