free website stats program Road Glide Headlight removal and replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide Headlight removal and replacement

hog1

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to replace the headlights on a Road Glide without removing the front fairing?:bigsmiley11:

I heard it's just a couple of screws in the lamp housing. Are you talking about the entire light assy or the bulbs? I got great help here, but if you do have to remove the fairing remember to keep the forks pointed straight so you don't have to pull the gas tank and don't mess with the locking assy if you dismantle it. Good luck

I heard it's just a couple of screws in the lamp housing. Are you talking about the entire light assy or the bulbs? I got great help here, but if you do have to remove the fairing remember to keep the forks pointed straight so you don't have to pull the gas tank and don't mess with the locking assy if you dismantle it. Good luck

You have to turn the forks on the RG it makes it easier to get to the nuts that go to the directional siginals . It is not hard to remove but it seems a little hard to install if you do it yourself , once you do it a few times you will get a system that works for you . It is still easier if you have some help so they can hold the fairing while you get a few screws started . also you should keep a eye on the headlight adjustment screws & make sure that they line up on the adjustment access holes , the screws can hit the mounting plate that holds on the inner fairing & keep the bottom of the fairing from pulling in correctly .

Back