free website stats program Road Glide head light bulbs | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide head light bulbs

Retrop

I am wondering what experience any Road Glide riders have had with switching out the stock head light bulbs with something that offers better light, especially using the low beams. I find my high beams to be adequate but the low beams just do not throw enough light on the road to be safe at night. Anybody have first hand experience installing other bulbs?

Many riders claim the Osram 80/100 bulb does a very good job of improving your path at night. There are some threads for this bulb elsewhere in the forum.

Osram H4 80/100W bulb works great, just make sure you order the correct one. It is technically made for "Off Road" use and is a plug and play replacement unit that fits standard HD Osram 55/60W that was stock on my bike.

If a RG is not lighting up the road at night I would check head lights alignment before changing bulbs. Not to say you may not want something briter but Rg lights up the road well. Just got back from a night ride. That was the first thing I noticed aboutthe RG when I got it.

Yes, I have checked my allignment. I adjusted it just a tad. My objection to the stock light bulbs is with the low beam being kind of a "spot" when driving down the road at night. The high beams are fine. I was wanting something that threw out a "wider" beam when using the low beams instead of a narrow "spot".

I am wondering what experience any Road Glide riders have had with switching out the stock head light bulbs with something that offers better light, especially using the low beams. I find my high beams to be adequate but the low beams just do not throw enough light on the road to be safe at night. Anybody have first hand experience installing other bulbs?
I'd be careful following any recommendations for significantly higher wattage bulbs on a RG. Being that the RG has twin bulbs behind a plastic lens, the 80/100 W may warp the lens,especially if you run with the high-beams on for any length of time.

I went with the Sylvania SilverStar Ultras which are still only 55/60 W, but significantly brightened up my night rides. The standard H-D H4's run 3200 Kelvin, while the H4ST's run 4100 Kelvin. Make sure you get the H4ST, as this is designed for the vibrations motorcycles see.

I'm in agreement with RG05. I don't have personal experience with trying out the 80/100 in a RG, but due to the twin lamp behind plastic cover, thought it may cause issues. Still on stock bulbs and need to adjust the alignment slightly, and then will see if I switch to Silverstars Ultras.

Back