free website stats program road glide head light bezzel question | Harley Davidson Forums

road glide head light bezzel question

baharp

i just bought a new 09 road glide. ive been custamizing my new toy, and havequestion about the cvo road glide head light bezzel that replaces the glass cover. i talked to a guy who removed the glass from his 03 cvo, and he said that he ran it like that for a few weeks and the bugs melted into the head light bulbs, and scared them prety bad. he is also very particular about his bike like the rest of us, so it didnt happen besause he didnt clean offten enough. i talked to my local shop whare i bought the bike and they just kind of dissmissed my concern. so i was wondering if any one out theire could shed some light on my question/conseren about this. thank you for the help.

Bugs shouldn't melt into the bulb. At best they get baked on and they can be cleaned off. A coating of pledge on the bulb will help to remove them next time easier as well as give the rest of the bike a shine too.

Drag Specialties has light covers that are clear or tinted & they also have turn siginals in them but they were a little pricey . I was looking for just a tinted cover & I have not found one yet but I havent been looking to hard . I would think that removeing the light cover would allow bugs ,rain & other unwanted stuff:bigsmiley29:to get inside the fairing IMO .

i was thinking the same thing but they come on the new cvo's my thinking was they wouldent put something on a $32,000 bike that would damage it right??
as for the smoked cover with turn signals that is awsome and it is pricy, if your not wanting to spend that kind of money ive herd about some other options. one is use a light window tint like a 35% or so, or i saw in a custom car mag whare the use candy black paint to paint over the head lights and tail lights, to give them a sweetmurderd out look. but not for shoure about doing that to the headlight on your bike. thanks for you help, hope i give you some decent ideas on yours.

i was thinking the same thing but they come on the new cvo's my thinking was they wouldent put something on a $32,000 bike that would damage it right??
as for the smoked cover with turn signals that is awsome and it is pricy, if your not wanting to spend that kind of money ive herd about some other options. one is use a light window tint like a 35% or so, or i saw in a custom car mag whare the use candy black paint to paint over the head lights and tail lights, to give them a sweetmurderd out look. but not for shoure about doing that to the headlight on your bike. thanks for you help, hope i give you some decent ideas on yours.

I was thinking about window tint also but I was not sure that the tint could handle the heat produced by the headlights & I am not sure about the paint thing either .

Back