free website stats program Road Glide Electrical Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide Electrical Problem

Kurtis

I turned my bike off to get gas. When I turned it back on, I had no gauges or running or tail/brake lights. Does anyone have any idea what mad the bike do this bad thing?

It could be your Main fuse, large 40 or 50 amp fuse. I sometimes don't turn the switch knob far enough and have the same issue. I cycle it off then back on for a good go. Did you try that or have to be trailered home?
tourbox

Check the acc. fuse. On my Road King, when the acc. fuse blows the speedo, turns and brake light quit. If the fuse is blown check the front fender tip light if present.

It is an 04. The fuses are OK. I did not find a 40 or 50 amp though. The bike runs, just no running lights or instruments or brake lights.

Did you check all the fuses behind the left side panel? Pull all the fuses and inspect sockets for corrosion etc.

The information so far has been helpful. The alarm was wired out before I got the
motorcycle. I used the provided instructions for retrieving the codes. The
odometer shows up as well as the key icon, but no codes or speedometer sweep.
The engine starts and runs well, the accessory driving lights work as well as
the blinkers and stereo. The issue is with the gauges, speedometer, tachometer,
running and brake lights. Do you have an ideas where to find the problem causing
these issues? :small3d023:

There is a "instruments" fuse. I believe it's the top right one, but the cover on your fuse box will tell you. Did you check the fuses with a meter, or look at them? Looking is not an accurate way to determine good or bad.

Thank you for your information. Yes, I used an Ohmmeter. The only 'dead' fuse is the one marked 'lights'. The Speedometer, Tachometer, Headlights and Turn Signals all work. What is out is the Brake Light, Speedometer, Tachometer and all of the gauges.

Back